GT500 powered Raptor

58 minutes ago, akirby said:

Yes, sound and bragging rights.  I don't think it would necessarily be any faster.

I think that you'll find that the S/C 5.2 will more than match the Raptor 3.5 EB in the lower end and beyond 4,500 to  7,500 completely blow it away. for most Raptor buyers, the EB 3.5 is more than enough, the S/C 5.2 will just be on another level for those really hard core buyers.

Edited by jpd80

5 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

I think that you'll find that the S/C 5.2 will more than match the Raptor 3.5 EB in the lower end and beyond 4,500 to  7,500 completely blow it away. for most Raptor buyers, the EB 3.5 is more than enough, the S/C 5.2 will just be on another level for those really hard core buyers.

Define the hard core buyers? If you mean dropping 80-90k on 650-700 HP raptor, I would only see boomers doing something like that, only to be stuck in a garage never going off road. The hard core off roader guys I've met in Michigan, like to build their own extreme rigs.You can make an extreme rig with that kind of coin.

I think anything over 500 is over kill really. It's just my opinion and again not my demographic. This is an off road truck, not a sport truck. It just seems like the only thing FCA does, is throw an old supercharged hemi at everything for bragging rights. That is their shtick . They should just give trailer hitch balls to anyone who buys a TRX. 

32 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

They were comparing it to a supercharged 7.3L Godzilla not the 3.5EB.

• Haha 1

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 8:36 AM, ice-capades said:

We're seeing a drop in Raptor sales to the point that we just sold (2) 2018 F-150 Raptor SuperCrew's that were shipped to 2 different dealers in California. Right now there are 96 leftover 2018's in stock at the closest 300 dealers and 390 2019's.

we cant keep our hands on em...total stock right now is 2...and ones pimped out beyond rationality.

5 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

Define the hard core buyers? If you mean dropping 80-90k on 650-700 HP raptor, I would only see boomers doing something like that, only to be stuck in a garage never going off road. The hard core off roader guys I've met in Michigan, like to build their own extreme rigs.You can make an extreme rig with that kind of coin.. 

Absolutely, the hard core guys are going to build it themselves. I also think you’re low on price, with that engine they will be 100k+ and those buyers that drive it down a dirt road and jump a curb at the Home Depot parking lot will be lined up to buy everyone that is made. 

23 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Absolutely, the hard core guys are going to build it themselves. I also think you’re low on price, with that engine they will be 100k+ and those buyers that drive it down a dirt road and jump a curb at the Home Depot parking lot will be lined up to buy everyone that is made. 

I said hardcore buyers, not the hardcore guys who build their own trucks. There are already people in other lands that pay ridiculous money for vehicles, in some cases double or triple what you guys pay.

Edited by jpd80