GT500 powered Raptor

It would make sense to make this a limited edition Raptor R. 5k-10,000/year. Keep the regular Raptor for folks who don't want shell out the extra cash or don't want that much power. I would get guess 650/650 for truck use. How many Raptors do they sell a year. The dealer can't keep them on the lot by me.

13 hours ago, jpd80 said:

The only catch I see is if these are hand built engines, then there may be a problem with supplying enough of them......

Eh, those mills are going into limited-production versions of limited-production vehicles, so they'll probably be OK on the supply side. They're doing OK with the current GT EB35HO.

3 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

How many Raptors do they sell a year.

Every last one that they build.;)

In terms of the F150, not a lot, but that's still quite a few. I don't know current production numbers, but for the 12th Gen, the 6.2 was about 5% of production, and that was across all F-150 variants, so I'd guess they were selling no more than 20K or so per year.

The next couple years will be interesting for Ford. The table is set for some pretty cool vehicles. 

Raptor with 700 hp

GT500

Bronco

Bronco Raptor?

lincoln Mustang inspired coupe?

Explorer ST

Mach E (or whatever they call it)

Mustang inspired SUV

7.3 motor

RWD platform for explorer/aviator

too bad we don’t get the ST/RS Focus

good time to be a Ford fan 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ice-capades said:

We're seeing a drop in Raptor sales to the point that we just sold (2) 2018 F-150 Raptor SuperCrew's that were shipped to 2 different dealers in California. Right now there are 96 leftover 2018's in stock at the closest 300 dealers and 390 2019's.

Are you saying you had them shipped all the way across the country?

HRG

7 hours ago, ice-capades said:

We're seeing a drop in Raptor sales to the point that we just sold (2) 2018 F-150 Raptor SuperCrew's that were shipped to 2 different dealers in California. Right now there are 96 leftover 2018's in stock at the closest 300 dealers and 390 2019's.

The guy I go through out in MI has 13 Raptors in stock.  They have definitely slowed down in sales.  Advertised at $5k over they are selling at MSRP or  little under.

Edited by blwnsmoke
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Are you saying you had them shipped all the way across the country?

HRG

The California Dealers made their own arrangements to have the Raptor's picked up and shipped to CA. One was a loaded White SuperCrew, the other was Ruby Red with both having all the Raptor graphics options, etc. The only option missing  was the Bead Lock Tires/Wheels which are a commodity issue on Stock Raptor orders. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

41 minutes ago, blwnsmoke said:

The guy I go through out in MI has 13 Raptors in stock.  They have definitely slowed down in sales.  Advertised at $5k over they are selling at MSRP or  little under.

Makes sense, they've been selling like crazy for 3 years now. It had to level off sometime. 

On one hand I get it, massive acceleration and power. On the other hand, weight and FE will be effected negatively. All this on a vehicle that has a limited top speed of 110. Is this just because of the sound? I am not the target Bro demographic for this so maybe I am missing something. They could safely get that HP up to 500 in 3.5 if they wanted to. 

12 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

On one hand I get it, massive acceleration and power. On the other hand, weight and FE will be effected negatively. All this on a vehicle that has a limited top speed of 110. Is this just because of the sound? I am not the target Bro demographic for this so maybe I am missing something. They could safely get that HP up to 500 in 3.5 if they wanted to. 

Yes, sound and bragging rights.  I don't think it would necessarily be any faster.