Flat Rock to build BEV

I know there is no 2 plants at Flat Rock but just a rhetorical device to point out it will house 2 different production systems, as opposed to all the other car/suv plants in North America which are single production system focused.

33 minutes ago, bzcat said:

I know there is no 2 plants at Flat Rock but just a rhetorical device to point out it will house 2 different production systems, as opposed to all the other car/suv plants in North America which are single production system focused.

MAP had 4 before all of that was taken out for the Ranger by that logic 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
Correction

3 minutes ago, Harley Lover said:

Would there be any reason for Ford to build the F150 BEV at Flat Rock, for example to not take any capacity away from its existing F150 lines? I'm not saying that's the plan, just spit balling an idea.

After seeing the transformation necessary for MAP to change from building unibody cars to BOF trucks, that idea is a total nonstarter. 

2 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

After seeing the transformation necessary for MAP to change from building unibody cars to BOF trucks, that idea is a total nonstarter. 

So, on the other end of the spectrum, the changes necessary to build the BEV would presumably be relatively minor, since it would be another form of a unibody vehicle?

Just now, Harley Lover said:

So, on the other end of the spectrum, the changes necessary to build the BEV would presumably be relatively minor, since it would be another form of a unibody vehicle?

At that plant there would need to be some changes, mainly in the way the engine and ES lines operate.

I get the feeling there's something bigger in store for that plant but I have no way of confirming it, just a gut feeling I have. 

5 hours ago, Harley Lover said:

Would there be any reason for Ford to build the F150 BEV at Flat Rock, for example to not take any capacity away from its existing F150 lines? I'm not saying that's the plan, just spit balling an idea.

Bill Ford already confirmed hybrid/BEV F150 will be built at Dearborn Truck. They have already extended chassis lines 1&2. I assume it’s for battery install.