Ford Taurus 2020 (CN)

I found this line kinda humorous and sad...

Quando foi lançado por lá, na geração atual – que poderia ter sido feita nos EUA, se não fosse os SUVs

Translation: "When it was launched there, in the current generation - which could have happened in the US if not for SUVs"...

Is Brazil throwing shade at us or just speaking truth?  Or both?

3 minutes ago, papilgee4evaeva said:

Translation: "When it was launched there, in the current generation - which could have happened in the US if not for SUVs"...

Neither. It wasn't launched here because it BOMBED in focus groups and test studies. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Neither. It wasn't launched here because it BOMBED in focus groups and test studies. 

I can see why.  It's apparent Ford only showed it in focus groups here as mere lip service.

If they weren't already planning to kill it here in favor of more SUVs, they would have done a lot more with the, ahem, redesign.

Just now, papilgee4evaeva said:

I can see why.  It's apparent Ford only showed it in focus groups here as mere lip service.

If they weren't already planning to kill it here in favor of more SUVs, they would have done a lot more with the, ahem, redesign.

He's talking about the Original CD6 Taurus, not the refresh.

2 hours ago, papilgee4evaeva said:

"Meanwhile, in the U.S., Ford customers are bitter about the end of Taurus production, which can still be found in the brand's distributor network as long as the stock lasts."

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RadicalX said:

"Meanwhile, in the U.S., Ford customers are bitter about the end of Taurus production, which can still be found in the brand's distributor network as long as the stock lasts."

lots of noise on the internet-but when does that translate into sales? It obviously didn't 

The D4 is an ok car-my parents had a 2008 Sable and I have a 2013 Taurus SHO-both have had minor issues over the years-I personally hate the overall packaging-I find the car too "big", but its an awesome highway cruiser on long trips and the power the SHO has is great. I'm meh about the car itself-I liked my old Mustang GT better at the same point in life that my SHO is now. It gets me where I need to go, but I don't enjoy it like I did with the Mustang-plus I'm just getting older I guess.  

• Like 1

I can't fault FMC with building vehicles that sell in great(er) quantities and margins . . . .  and having to forgo sedans as a business plan.  The recent Taurus served it's purpose in the USA market, but times do change.  

If I had my wish I'd still like a Mondeo Estate with Focus RS drive train/running gear!  LOL!!