S.E.C. Accuses Volkswagen of Fraud in Diesel Scandal

silvrsvt

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

This is counterpoint of everyone saying that VW is getting the better end of the stick with their relationship with Ford-they are going to be paying out the ass for years over Dieselgate, forcing them to look for partners 

I think it is affecting their products as well. As folks here may know, I recently leased a Lincoln Nautilus, trading in a 2016 Audi Q5 with the 3.0 supercharged V6 engine. I liked that Q5 quite a bit and otherwise would probably have kept it another 4 years or so, but had to get out of it because the sport seats were causing me chronic hip pain. It had a luxurious interior with high quality materials everywhere. In looking at a 2019 Q5, it has all the new whiz-bang technology one expects in newly redesigned vehicles. But in my view the interior quality was not quite as good, especially the cheap plastic used for the upper dash. That isn't why I didn't get it -- ultimately that was because in Audi's wisdom to get a boosted V6 one now has to step up to the SQ5, which only comes with sport seats (see third sentence) -- but the interior just didn't feel the same to me. 

Edited by Gurgeh