On the eve of the Tesla Model Y reveal, Ford with a Cryptic Tweet

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I'm talking strictly the cab.  Between the bed and front quarter panels.  The exterior panels didn't change.

I know we're 'arguing' over details that don't matter, but the back door may have stayed the same.  The front door did not...it was lengthened several inches, and therefore had to change.

36 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

I know we're 'arguing' over details that don't matter, but the back door may have stayed the same.  The front door did not...it was lengthened several inches, and therefore had to change.

lol.  Stylistically it was the exact same, aside from the mirror cap.  I know the cab was lengthened 6" so technically it was different.  Stylistically it was not.  Same creases, cutouts, sculpting, etc.

30 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

lol.  Stylistically it was the exact same, aside from the mirror cap.  I know the cab was lengthened 6" so technically it was different.  Stylistically it was not.  Same creases, cutouts, sculpting, etc.

There's way more than just the mirror cap. When the door is lengthened/shortened at all all of the crash braces, window regulator (even if the glass doesn't change) wires, everything in that door needs to change too. 

34 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

There's way more than just the mirror cap. When the door is lengthened/shortened at all all of the crash braces, window regulator (even if the glass doesn't change) wires, everything in that door needs to change too. 

He's just talking about the look from the outside.

"Beginning in 2019, five more models will start local production in China, including Ford’s first pure electric SUV globally, to better meet the demands of Chinese customers. By the end of 2019, all new Ford vehicles sold in China will have 4G LTE connectivity, increasing Ford’s edge over the market’s fierce competition. And in order to support this ambitious growth, Ford will rapidly improve its engineering and R&D capabilities in China."

https://www.at.ford.com/en/homepage/news-and-clipsheet/news/2019/3/2019-changan-ford-dealer-conference-aims-to-win-the-future-toget.html

Mach E starts production by the end of the year in China. Debut must be soon...

Edited by ausrutherford

A lot of times, journalists get some facts wrong or make generalizations. The five models may start production at different times like start building two models and adding as they go along. I was a journalist at one time and I always found myself saying to others, "are you sure you should be printing that?, That's not exactly what they said."

17 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

VISUALLY the cab was the same aside from the stretch.

My point in mentioning that is that's what I expect for a redesign - visually, I think the cab will be the same, but every other panel aside from the cab will be new.

6 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

My point in mentioning that is that's what I expect for a redesign - visually, I think the cab will be the same, but every other panel aside from the cab will be new.

She looked exactly like Shania Twain, except she was shorter, and heavier, and her face was different.

- Larry the Cable Guy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, atomcat68 said:

A lot of times, journalists get some facts wrong or make generalizations. The five models may start production at different times like start building two models and adding as they go along. I was a journalist at one time and I always found myself saying to others, "are you sure you should be printing that?, That's not exactly what they said."

That is straight from Ford PR...