Jump to content

New Facebook Pages

Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

  • Custom Search


alpha1847

Online Builder for 2020 Available

Recommended Posts

So, I was excited to see Ford finally made it available:  https://shop.ford.com/build/explorer/2020/

.....but my excitement faded quicky.  The Limited model was my target, being the only trim offering the hybrid powertrain.  First, it confirmed you can no longer get the multi-contour seats on the Limited, but far worse was the revelation that they only allow you to get the minivan seats in the second row!  The latter is a complete non-starter for me.  Really disappointing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, alpha1847 said:

So, I was excited to see Ford finally made it available:  https://shop.ford.com/build/explorer/2020/

.....but my excitement faded quicky.  The Limited model was my target, being the only trim offering the hybrid powertrain.  First, it confirmed you can no longer get the multi-contour seats on the Limited, but far worse was the revelation that they only allow you to get the minivan seats in the second row!  The latter is a complete non-starter for me.  Really disappointing.

I'm thinking you are the target customer for an Aviator...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, alpha1847 said:

So, I was excited to see Ford finally made it available:  https://shop.ford.com/build/explorer/2020/

.....but my excitement faded quicky.  The Limited model was my target, being the only trim offering the hybrid powertrain.  First, it confirmed you can no longer get the multi-contour seats on the Limited, but far worse was the revelation that they only allow you to get the minivan seats in the second row!  The latter is a complete non-starter for me.  Really disappointing.

So you want/need the 35/30/35 2nd row bench seat?  Are you looking for something else? I'm not understanding the "minivan seats" comment.

HRG

Edited by HotRunrGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He means captain's chairs which are standard on everything except the base (fleet) model.

 

Probably not that hard to swap out if that's the only issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, akirby said:

He means captain's chairs which are standard on everything except the base (fleet) model.

Probably not that hard to swap out if that's the only issue.

Looking at the order guide, only the 2nd row bench is referred to as "fold flat", important if 4'x8' sheet goods are going to be slid in, as mentioned in multiple reports. I wonder if the 2nd row captains chairs do not fold flat, there is no mention of that feature in the order guide?

HRG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2019 at 8:02 AM, twintornados said:

I'm thinking you are the target customer for an Aviator...

I really like the Aviator, but have you priced one out?  The base Grand Touring for about $70k is pretty much in line with the market and I would be fine with that. However, if you want adaptive cruise control, you have to add a $7600 package!  I think that is absurd.

I'm just frustrated.  I really wanted to swap my Volvo XC90 T8 PHEV for the Aviator GT, but this makes the price gap too big to justify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×