Rangers Without Parts To Ship?

bobbyd

1 hour ago, akirby said:

They were doing that for mustangs at Flat Rock but I haven't heard that about Rangers.

Many wheel-less Mustangs at Flat Rock.  Sadly, I do believe mine is among them.  Explorers at the Chicago Assembly Plant were also effected, at least according to the Detroit Free Press.

Edited by Zooks527
Typo

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

About 8000 Mustangs and 3000 Explorers

Thinking about how long it's going to take to (a) get 8000 steering wheels above what they need for continuing production and then (b) fit them to 8000 cars sitting around the plant is somewhat depressing when your car is one of those 8000. 

Well, I keep hearing that patience is a virtue.....

11 minutes ago, Zooks527 said:

Thinking about how long it's going to take to (a) get 8000 steering wheels above what they need for continuing production and then (b) fit them to 8000 cars sitting around the plant is somewhat depressing when your car is one of those 8000. 

Well, I keep hearing that patience is a virtue.....

The shortage is the result of a massive worker strike in Mexico. 

20 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

The shortage is the result of a massive worker strike in Mexico. 

Oh, yeah, I know it's from the Matamoros strike caused by the new Mexican President raising the minimum wage, which then triggered the ~3-week-long strike by workers making wages that were initially set as a % above the old minimum.  I would also assume that the plant supplying the wheels will be struggling to provide 8000 wheel over and above their planned run rate.

Knowing why it happened doesn't tamp down much of the frustration with seeing the car just sitting there, though. 

2 hours ago, Zooks527 said:

Oh, yeah, I know it's from the Matamoros strike caused by the new Mexican President raising the minimum wage, which then triggered the ~3-week-long strike by workers making wages that were initially set as a % above the old minimum.  I would also assume that the plant supplying the wheels will be struggling to provide 8000 wheel over and above their planned run rate.

Knowing why it happened doesn't tamp down much of the frustration with seeing the car just sitting there, though. 

So, maybe this strike is affecting the Ranger steering wheels....since I'm told they are parking every vehicle?

15 minutes ago, bobbyd said:

So, maybe this strike is affecting the Ranger steering wheels....since I'm told they are parking every vehicle?

Fake news. The only Rangers being parked are finished ones released for shipping or normal end of line repair type stuff. 

Let me guess, a salesman told you that?

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Fake news. The only Rangers being parked are finished ones released for shipping or normal end of line repair type stuff. 

It came from a retiree who was called back to help with the launch team! He mentioned it to another guy.....who told another guy....etc...! Well, at least I went to the source....and thanks for the information! Meow!!! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/12/2019 at 11:15 AM, fuzzymoomoo said:

Car salespeople are the only ones with enough audacity to sell left hand threaded light bulbs !