Mustang GT tuning

brucelinc

There are several companies who provide tuning for 2018-2019 Mustang GTs.    I typically think of Livernois for ecoboost tuning and not so much for naturally aspirated Ford products.    However, since I have been a customer of theirs for so long with my other vehicles, I think I will try them for my GT.    I do like the idea of flex fuel tuning and I like their tuning device which I already have.   Since the 2018+ Coyotes are pretty well tuned from the factory, it really takes E85 (or some bolt-on mods) to wake them up.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm waiting on the Ford tune to get CAFE approval for 18/19.  Probably best for a daily driver that will stay basically stock and keep the warranty.  More torque above 3K and power above 3.5K.  Either PP 1 or 2. PP1 probably 30hp/q than stock and mostly in 3-5500 rpm.  2 provides about 10 more hp/q more than 1.  I know others claim more, but if your not going to mod your car much, this is a viable option.

I haven't seen any tuner improve the quarter mile times very much with just a 93 octane tune on the 18+ models.    Throttle response and daily driver "feel" is improved, though.   I have Livernois' flex fuel tune in the car now but I am running 93 since winter blend E85 is no good here in Minnesota.    Shifting is much snappier in normal drive....not harsh at all but firmer than stock.   Low end power seems stronger, too, although it may just be that the throttle mapping is more aggressive....opening the throttle more with with a light touch on the accelerator.  As usual with Livernois, idle quality and normal drivability is excellent with no negatives.