GM Sales February 2019

rmc523

So I was able to put together February numbers for GM:

The only confusing/discrepancy that may last throughout the year is the "Commercial Trucks" and "City Express" lines - previous GM delivery PDFs had "commercial trucks" listed, while City Express was added to Express volume, but the info I have breaks it down into its own number.  I don't know if the new 4500+ trucks will fall into Commercial Truck, or if they'll lump it in with Silverado?

Click for a larger image.

C5GTJdf.jpg

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Ouch!  Not sure what to think of the new Silverado.  I’m assuming dealers have plenty of stock at this point.  

They are ugly as a bowling shoe! That’s the problem.  Plus you have the new Ram and of course F150. The Ram is definitely competition.

Edited by fordtech1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, fordtech1 said:

They are ugly as a bowling shoe! That’s the problem. 

Yes, cannot disagree with that assessment for the most part.  The exterior styling is polarizing and the interior is underwhelming when compared to the new RAM (or current F150 for that matter).  

1 hour ago, 02MustangGT said:

Yes, cannot disagree with that assessment for the most part.  The exterior styling is polarizing and the interior is underwhelming when compared to the new RAM (or current F150 for that matter).  

I wait to see it in person before I cast judgement. Everyone I seen, that filler that extends from the fender to under the headlamp down to the bumper, sticks out like a sore thumb. They must have stole some ugly from Lexus designers. 

Edited by fordtech1

At the GM truck sites opinion is easily running 70% against the new design.   After I failed to get a acceptable price on an F150-6 months ago, I ended up getting a 2018 after seeing what the 2019 Silverado looked like.

I replaced a 2012 GMC Sierra SLT (4WD).

Edited by CKNSLS

14 hours ago, fordtech1 said:

They are ugly as a bowling shoe! That’s the problem.  Plus you have the new Ram and of course F150. The Ram is definitely competition.

The styling is very dependent on the color and trim level (which isn't a good sign). But even the best-looking versions are not as handsome as the Ram or the F-150.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Chevys have never looked as good as Fords IMO, but this one is just downright fugly.

I remember liking the 88’s when they came out. I was just a kid, but I remember liking them pretty well. Even the 18’s I thought looked pretty good minus the square wheel wells. The pronounced square wheel wells was the downfall for me liking their styling. 

Edited by fordtech1

46 minutes ago, fordtech1 said:

I remember liking the 88’s when they came out. I was just a kid, but I remember liking them pretty well. Even the 18’s I thought looked pretty good minus the square wheel wells. The pronounced square wheel wells was the downfall for me liking their styling. 

I was in High school in 77 and these were the options.   Needless to say the 77 F100 Ranger XLT is my favorite truck of all time.  It makes the Chevy look downright homely.

7511344-1977-ford-f100-std.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I was in High school in 77 and these were the options.   Needless to say the 77 F100 Ranger XLT is my favorite truck of all time.  It makes the Chevy look downright homely.

hqdefault.jpg

If I had to choose Chevy "square-body" styles...the last version with the "aero" design of the nose is my fav.....again...for a Chevrolet....

Related image

4 hours ago, akirby said:

77 is my favorite too. That is the year they stopped having a gas tank(maybe optional reserve?) behind the seat if I recall.

3 minutes ago, Trailhiker said:

77 is my favorite too. That is the year they stopped having a gas tank(maybe optional reserve?) behind the seat if I recall.

Wow - you’re right about that.  I had no idea.  My brother had a 75 SWB that I drove a bit and I drove a 76 LWB for work for a few years.  I had no idea the gas tank was behind the seat.

WIll Buick only be a one car company next year. I think the Cascada and Lacrosse are being discontinued, and that leaves only the Regal in the US.

CUVs are selling well, except the Chinese Envision.

Did Camaro outsell Mustang this month?? If not, it was close.

3 hours ago, Trailhiker said:

WIll Buick only be a one car company next year. I think the Cascada and Lacrosse are being discontinued, and that leaves only the Regal in the US.

CUVs are selling well, except the Chinese Envision.

Did Camaro outsell Mustang this month?? If not, it was close.

I don't know if Regal is long for this world either, with it being an Opel product.

No it didn't:

Mustang - 4025 (5800 in 2018)

Camaro - 3247 (3680 in 2018)

Silverado is still gaining traction as Sierra had better luck last month, look towards the summer before the final verdict of people isn't buying it because of looks (I remember fourms were saying the 2014 were "ugly" and flop but sold well).