Tracking My 2019 Ranger

1 hour ago, RIcky Ranger said:

Now my dealership is indicating there is a problem relating to the steering wheel and there is no ETA.  I ordered the truck 18 weeks ago and it was built a month ago. I wonder how much longer I am going to have to wait. 

1FTER4EH0KLA11339 

I was wrong, the steering wheel shortage effecting Mustangs and Explorers got to some Rangers too. I don't know the ETA on getting produced units fixed or how many were effected but I have been told by a guy who works in final assembly that things are back to normal so they should be able to start getting to some of the parked trucks soon. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I was wrong, the steering wheel shortage effecting Mustangs and Explorers got to some Rangers too. I don't know the ETA on getting produced units fixed or how many were effected but I have been told by a guy who works in final assembly that things are back to normal so they should be able to start getting to some of the parked trucks soon. 

Thank you so much for the information about what is going on with the building process. It is so much easier to wait knowing what the hold up is and that there is movement towards getting things back on track. Please tell the guy you know on the final assembly line that is one very excited and grateful customer who will soon be enjoying the results of all the Ford employees’ hard work and pride. 

8 minutes ago, RIcky Ranger said:

Thank you so much for the information about what is going on with the building process. It is so much easier to wait knowing what the hold up is and that there is movement towards getting things back on track. Please tell the guy you know on the final assembly line that is one very excited and grateful customer who will soon be enjoying the results of all the Ford employees’ hard work and pride. 

You’re welcome :)

I work in the body shop ;)

• Thanks 1

I was wondering if there was a chance you worked on my truck as I did orderthe spray in bed liner and I though that happened in the body shop. Don’t ask me why I thought that, I know nothing about how any of these steps happen.  Is there a chance you did work on my truck? I think that would be so cool if I had actually been in contact with someone who had a hand in building it. I know it might seem silly, but I am kinda in awe at this whole ordering a truck built exactly the way I want it and following its journey from ordering to delivery. Thank you,  Ricky 

13 minutes ago, RIcky Ranger said:

I was wondering if there was a chance you worked on my truck as I did orderthe spray in bed liner and I though that happened in the body shop. Don’t ask me why I thought that, I know nothing about how any of these steps happen.  Is there a chance you did work on my truck? I think that would be so cool if I had actually been in contact with someone who had a hand in building it. I know it might seem silly, but I am kinda in awe at this whole ordering a truck built exactly the way I want it and following its journey from ordering to delivery. Thank you,  Ricky 

0 chance. I'm in a department that makes parts for F-150s for now. I'll be going to the Ranger line next month. 

Well I am content knowing I was in contact with someone who knows someone who had a hand building my truck. I am a big F150 fan. Regrettably, I’m a city dweller and driver. The F150 is just a tad too big for my needs. That’s why I jumped on the new Ranger. It checks all the boxes perfectly and it’s a fine looking truck. 

I thank you for checking on my truck and I am sure the young salesman who helped me order my truck thanks you too. He gets nervous when I call him to ask about my truck.  Even though I wish my truck was parked in my garage, it is very reassuring knowing there are people checking on it. Thank you! 

Still no update, I thought being part of Verified  Retail Order Program (VROP) would provide progress information. I placed my order on November 12, 2018 and it was accepted into the VROP the very next day.

The truck went into production on February 11, 2019. I was told two weeks ago, there was a steering wheel supply shortage which delayed the truck and would be provided a new estimated delivery date.

There have been no updates since that time. I feel like a forgotten stepchild. Meanwhile, I’m seeing more dealer stock Rangers showing up at dealerships. This is truly testing my patience.

1FTER4EH0KLA11339