Jump to content

New Facebook Pages

Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

  • Custom Search


rmc523

Ford February 2019 Sales Numbers

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Please please PLEASE stop with this C2 7 seat CUV stuff. It's not happening in North America.

But will happen in Europe, where is needed to replace the dead Grand C-Max 7 seats people mover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Please please PLEASE stop with this C2 7 seat CUV stuff. It's not happening in North America.

What about the CUV that is going to be based off the C2 Pickup/Transit Connect? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

What about the CUV that is going to be based off the C2 Pickup/Transit Connect? 

That one is smaller than Escape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lincoln should have considered investments in the MKZ instead of Continental. The model looks promising even after six years with the same rear, while Continental can not resist the market. Focusing on a sedan rwd/awd and making longer versions rather than having an extra that does not represent significant numbers seems to me a better strategy

Edited by RadicalX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, RadicalX said:

Lincoln should have considered investments in the MKZ instead of Continental. The model looks promising even after six years with the same rear, while Continental can not resist the market. Focusing on a sedan rwd/awd and making longer versions rather than having an extra that does not represent significant numbers seems to me a better strategy

Continental and Taurus were built for China primarily, not North America.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, akirby said:

That one is smaller than Escape.

If Bzcat is saying is correct, its going to be bigger then the Escape since its based off the TC-The TC wagon maxes out at 190" and has a wheelbase of 104 to 120" depending on configuration. 

If the Pickup is based off the TC like it seems to be, why would the CUV be so much smaller?

If anything It would appear that the TC would be built along side the Pickup (I can't remember if Ford decided to do this-though it might windup at flat rock for AV usage?) and the CUV would be a three row vehicle since its on a LWB C platform shared with the C pickup. 

I'm going with the assumption that anything under the Escape/Maverick is coming from India or someplace else and not North America. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

If Bzcat is saying is correct, its going to be bigger then the Escape since its based off the TC-The TC wagon maxes out at 190" and has a wheelbase of 104 to 120" depending on configuration. 

If the Pickup is based off the TC like it seems to be, why would the CUV be so much smaller?

If anything It would appear that the TC would be built along side the Pickup (I can't remember if Ford decided to do this-though it might windup at flat rock for AV usage?) and the CUV would be a three row vehicle since its on a LWB C platform shared with the C pickup. 

I'm going with the assumption that anything under the Escape/Maverick is coming from India or someplace else and not North America. 

 

I thought both the truck and CUV would be smaller but maybe not.   I could see the truck being TC sized but a CUV larger than Escape would be redundant with Edge - unless it's replacing Edge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO, the EcoSport is a huge flop. I never see any of them, even near O'Hare rental facilities. But, all over Chicago ex-ways, tons of Chevy Traxes, Buick Encores, and Honda HR-V's.

Ford dealer didn't have one in showroom and encouraged Escape, when sister was thinking of considering new small UV. Glad she didn't buy that nerd-mobile!

Ford should have a new EcoSport coming sooner, than later. And dump that goofy name! But seems like it's all "coming soon! Magic products!". When, what, and how much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 630land said:

IMO, the EcoSport is a huge flop. I never see any of them, even near O'Hare rental facilities. But, all over Chicago ex-ways, tons of Chevy Traxes, Buick Encores, and Honda HR-V's.

Ford dealer didn't have one in showroom and encouraged Escape, when sister was thinking of considering new small UV. Glad she didn't buy that nerd-mobile!

Ford should have a new EcoSport coming sooner, than later. And dump that goofy name! But seems like it's all "coming soon! Magic products!". When, what, and how much?

Anecdotal evidence is probably not the best indicator of success or failure. While being relatively new and only being middle of the pack, it filling a gap in the Ford lineup. They are selling a decent amount of them according to the sales numbers. I see a decent amount of them but again, that doesn't mean anything in the big picture. I live in the North side of Chicago and am all over the north shore and north burbs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the sales chart, the EcoSport is close to matching the Fiesta in sales. If the sticker prices of the ones stocked by our local dealer are any indication, those EcoSports are selling for much higher prices than the Fiestas are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, grbeck said:

According to the sales chart, the EcoSport is close to matching the Fiesta in sales. If the sticker prices of the ones stocked by our local dealer are any indication, those EcoSports are selling for much higher prices than the Fiestas are. 

Heck, The EcoSport even outsold the Mustang last month!

HRG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still don't like them, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 630land said:

I still don't like them, lol

I'm with you man, they look like a deformed egg. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't care for the EcoSport either, but they appear to be more in tune with current market demands than the Fiesta, judging by the sale figures and what people are willing to pay for one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, grbeck said:

I don't care for the EcoSport either, but they appear to be more in tune with current market demands than the Fiesta, judging by the sale figures and what people are willing to pay for one.

Which is amazing considering even in the full stripped out cost cutting mode the 2019 Escape is, it's still a far superior vehicle for not that much more money and ford is FAR more willing to deal on those than they are with EcoSport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Which is amazing considering even in the full stripped out cost cutting mode the 2019 Escape is, it's still a far superior vehicle for not that much more money and ford is FAR more willing to deal on those than they are with EcoSport.

This hits the CUV demographic for people who probably shouldn't buy a new car but vow to buy a new CUV. They would much rather have a smaller inferior product with a few bells and whistles than a base Escape or any car that they could afford. Think of it this way, getting rid of folks that want and actually like the Ecosport (for whatever reason) ,there are folks that are hitting their financial limit but would much rather have an CUV than a small Versa, Kia, or Fiesta. This hits the spot for them, regardless of how bad it is.

Edited by jcartwright99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Ford took a vehicle designed for South America and tried to make it a global subcompact Utility. The engineering and styling constraints imposed by its original market made it far less desirable to European and North American customers.

Had Ford Executed Ecosport properly seven years ago,  the transition  from Focus to Ecosport would have taken place much earlier and much quicker. It's amazing the ripple effect set up by poor planning years ago still bites Ford in the ass today.

Edited by jpd80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

 Ford took a vehicle designed for South America and tried to make it a global subcompact Utility. The engineering and styling constraints imposed by its original market made it far less desirable to European and North American customers. Had Ford Executed Ecosport properly seven years ago, Ford's transition  from Focus to Ecosport would have taken place much earlier and much quicker.

Agreed regarding the EcoSport development, etc. The Fiesta is already dead in our market and we have only one 2018 Focus in stock. The EcoSport is becoming a consistent sale for us and is becoming the entry level model for either customers looking for an entry model SUV/CUV or those needing to establish or reestablish credit. Those customers can use the retail rebates as their down payment and often get approved by Ford Credit which helps us get them into a Ford vehicle at an affordable monthly payment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Agreed regarding the EcoSport development, etc. The Fiesta is already dead in our market and we have only one 2018 Focus in stock. The EcoSport is becoming a consistent sale for us and is becoming the entry level model for either customers looking for an entry model SUV/CUV or those needing to establish or reestablish credit. Those customers can use the retail rebates as their down payment and often get approved by Ford Credit which helps us get them into a Ford vehicle at an affordable monthly payment. 

Is that not possible to do with an Escape? Not necessarily a base model but an SE with a couple of boxes checked 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Is that not possible to do with an Escape? Not necessarily a base model but an SE with a couple of boxes checked 

To an extent yes, with the Escape S FWD which Ford is pushing Dealers to order lately. But being in the "Snow Belt" most customers want 4WD capability if they're looking at an SUV/CUV. Even a base Escape SE 4WD has an MSRP about $29,000 which after Ford incentives is still going to be a lot more than an EcoSport. At the same time, Ford is restricting the availability of Escape SE's because of all the standard equipment they added to remain competitive. The Escape SE availability came up last week in the conversation I had with our Ford Zone Manager and she told me that the restriction is because Ford is losing money on the Escape SE's because of the added standard equipment. Yeah, right!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised to see Edge sales down. I work at Oakville Assembly Complex and we are working all out right now. 10 hrs in trim and chassis and 3 8 hour shifts in body and paint. Wknd OT as well. We are still building Flexes and MKT's, the word is that they may be extended til the end of the year. We had a slow launch with quality issues late last year. We worked OT last two months of the year to try to make up lost units. Also thousands of vehicles were held and the lots had to be cleared out. Saturday and Sunday production are being scheduled so these sales figures are interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Oacjay98 said:

...We had a slow launch with quality issues late last year. We worked OT last two months of the year to try to make up lost units. Also thousands of vehicles were held and the lots had to be cleared out...

...including my Nautilus. You guys held onto it from Dec. 20 until early-mid Feb. But I've got it now, and am enjoying it very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2019 at 7:10 PM, Oacjay98 said:

I'm surprised to see Edge sales down. I work at Oakville Assembly Complex and we are working all out right now. 10 hrs in trim and chassis and 3 8 hour shifts in body and paint. Wknd OT as well. We are still building Flexes and MKT's, the word is that they may be extended til the end of the year. We had a slow launch with quality issues late last year. We worked OT last two months of the year to try to make up lost units. Also thousands of vehicles were held and the lots had to be cleared out. Saturday and Sunday production are being scheduled so these sales figures are interesting.

Aren't you the sole source for Edges world wide? Maybe sales are higher overseas or they need more product there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Aren't you the sole source for Edges world wide? Maybe sales are higher overseas or they need more product there.

 

China also produces the Edge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Aren't you the sole source for Edges world wide? Maybe sales are higher overseas or they need more product there.

 

Edge sales have fallen in Europe but Endura is now on sale in Australia/ New Zealand  but that will only be 300-400 units a month.

Edge sales seemed to have fumbled a bit since the loss of the V6 option, I wonder if this is affecting sales more than Ford lets on.

Edited by jpd80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×