Ford February 2019 Sales Numbers

57 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

Yes we worked a lot of 4 hour shifts and were laid off for a week last September so that would explain it getting there so late. We did and are still doing a lot of OT to make the numbers. As an employee there I'm glad that you're enjoying your Nautilus. 

And thank you and all your colleagues for making it so well.  First North American-built vehicle I've had since a mid-90s Saturn, and I'm loving it. 

1 hour ago, Oacjay98 said:

Yes we worked a lot of 4 hour shifts and were laid off for a week last September so that would explain it getting there so late. We did and are still doing a lot of OT to make the numbers. As an employee there I'm glad that you're enjoying your Nautilus. 

What’s your line speed over there? That's one of the few North America Assembly plants I can't ever find any information about. I work at MAP btw. 

Just sharing some 2018 Lincoln fleet sales data courtesy of a post from  Ed753 on GMI

Just realized, I still had the files on my phone; are you ready?..........................

For calendar year 2018:

Continental - 15% Fleet

And while I was in there.............

MKC - 2%
MKZ - 3%
MKX/Nautilus - 5%
Navigator - 13%
MKT - 36%

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2

I recently leased an EcoSport after the wife's Focus was rear-ended while I was driving it.  Pick-up front bumper to Focus trunk impact made for a bad and painful experience so I got rid of the Focus and my '13 Mustang for an '18 Escape.  Idiots tried to hit the Escape on my way home from taking delivery.  Thought about it and leased an '18 EcoSport as the daily (and expendable) vehicle.  After the wife drove it, she loves it so will probably end up buying it at lease end or get a new one if she likes the new design...for which I am hoping for flow of information soon.  Personally, I wish it had a stronger engine and larger wheels/tires.  Aside from that, I actually like it even though it's about 10 inches shorter than the Escape.

Edited by exrub

7 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Just sharing some 2018 Lincoln fleet sales data courtesy of a post from  Ed753 on GMI

I was going to post these too.   Those look like good numbers.  MKT is obviously the fleet queen, and we knew that.  I've also read they intend to keep MKT the fleet model, and limit Aviator fleet sales, which is why MKT is still sticking around.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I was going to post these too.   Those look like good numbers.  MKT is obviously the fleet queen, and we knew that.  I've also read they intend to keep MKT the fleet model, and limit Aviator fleet sales, which is why MKT is still sticking around.

FWIW the fleet bulletin lists 2020 MKT as N/A

23 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

What’s your line speed over there? That's one of the few North America Assembly plants I can't ever find any information about. I work at MAP btw. 

Our line speed I believe is 72 units and hour in the main plant. In body shop and paint its lower I know that much. Our plant  like MAP used to be 2 different factories, then they closed Ontario Truck Plant in 2004. Ford then gutted the truck plant and in the three buildings made Body 1 , Body 2 and paint.There is also a body 3 which was made in 2014. Oakville Assembly Plant which made the Windstar and so called Freestar was joined to the truck plant and boom now you have OAKVILLE ASSEMBLY COMPLEX since 2006. Some people thought Bronco was going to Oakville, I told them no chance in hell its going to MAP!

10 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

Our line speed I believe is 72 units and hour in the main plant. In body shop and paint its lower I know that much. Our plant  like MAP used to be 2 different factories, then they closed Ontario Truck Plant in 2004. Ford then gutted the truck plant and in the three buildings made Body 1 , Body 2 and paint.There is also a body 3 which was made in 2014. Oakville Assembly Plant which made the Windstar and so called Freestar was joined to the truck plant and boom now you have OAKVILLE ASSEMBLY COMPLEX since 2006. Some people thought Bronco was going to Oakville, I told them no chance in hell its going to MAP!

Lol yeah there was an idiot here who swore up and down the Bronco wasn't going to MAP but Louisville instead. 

Old Wayne Stamping and Assembly (closed in 2011) is still used by MAP. Most of the building is empty but trades uses it for storage. MAP mod center and prove out is in here, and body (which is treated as a separate plant for some reason) uses a part of it (called North Stamping) to build parts for Dearborn/Kansas City (F-150 firewalls it Dash line) Kentucky Truck (Roof Rail  supplementary production) and Louisville (Escape and MKC Floorpan and MKC Liftgates) I work on dash line, but that's going to change once the bargaining reps get back from the bargaining convention downtown and figure out the placement for the area bump that just closed on Friday. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Late response here but I'm sure they'll figure out what to do with the excess floor space you guys have there. Our stampings come from Buffalo Stamping and some from Chicago Stamping as well. I would imagine because the the d471/472 flex/mkt platform is similar to old explorer that Chicago did some of the work. Buffalo also used to Stamp for old Ford Talbotville but as you know no more crown vic so that stopped a long time ago. Btw, the word at the plant is the MKT is phasing out in June and the Flex the end of this year. Our contract is September 2020. Im sure some of that extra room at your plant will be utilized more when the Bronco comes into production. Whenever that may be. We used to have two paint shops but they demolished the Windstar plant one that wasn't being used in like 2013.