Ford February 2019 Sales Numbers

52 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Edge sales have fallen in Europe but Endura is now on sale in Australia/ New Zealand  but that will only be 300-400 units a month.

Edge sales seemed to have fumbled a bit since the loss of the V6 option, I wonder if this is affecting sales more than Ford lets on.

If the new limitation on access to the 2.7EB is to blame, I can see why. That engine is a large part of the Edge's competitive advantage. No one else has a power plant that good in a comparable crossover, but not everyone wants an ST (I know I didn't, which is why did didn't consider the Edge after learning about the change).

11 hours ago, ANTAUS said:

There's a big power spread from the 2.0L at 250HP, and the 2.7L at 335HP.  Maybe the 2.3L would be a good V6 alternative at 300-305HP...

Even the Explorer's 2.3 EB with 280 HP and 310 lb ft  would make a noticeable difference. Going further, I would make the 2.3 EB the standard engine in Edge and the 3.0 EB an option in Titanium and ST.  For Nautilus, I would make the 2.7 EB the standard engine and the 3.0 EB optional on all models.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Even the Explorer's 2.3 EB with 280 HP and 310 lb ft  would make a noticeable difference. Going further, I would make the 2.3 EB the standard engine in Edge and the 3.0 EB an option in Titanium and ST.  For Nautilus, I would make the 2.7 EB the standard engine and the 3.0 EB optional on all models.

I don't think we'll see any more transverse 3.0LEBs.   In fact C2 may top out at 2.3LEB (especially since there is no Escape ST).

6 hours ago, akirby said:

I don't think we'll see any more transverse 3.0LEBs.   In fact C2 may top out at 2.3LEB (especially since there is no Escape ST).

You're probably right with that, one of the give backs in realignment under C2 could be no V6 engines.

22 hours ago, ANTAUS said:

There's a big power spread from the 2.0L at 250HP, and the 2.7L at 335HP.  Maybe the 2.3L would be a good V6 alternative at 300-305HP...

Nautilus also dropped the V6 and went to the 2.0 standard, and sales have been up.  But the 2.7 I think is available in a broader range, whereas it's limited to just the ST in Edge.

• Like 1

To be fair the Edge has never been a huge seller like the Escape and Explorer. If anything the Edge is expensive with big rebates (A sign that they want people to lease it) on the upper end some of those people may end up in a Lincoln as the payment is very close; ST leases close to a 2.7T Nautilus. Edge also has new competition in the two row market, Passport and Blazer will probably take a few sales, especially on the Fleet rental slide where Chevy really undercuts Ford.   

7 hours ago, akirby said:

I wonder why?  Especially without Focus ST it would be a nice addition.  Oh well.  I guess my wife will be looking at Maverick, wonder if there will be a sport version of that?

6 minutes ago, tzach said:

I wonder why?  Especially without Focus ST it would be a nice addition.  Oh well.  I guess my wife will be looking at Maverick, wonder if there will be a sport version of that?

Yeah, I don't get why there won't be an Escape ST either.

24 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah, I don't get why there won't be an Escape ST either.

That might have come from Assimi  Borg so we should probably take that with a huge grain of salt.

However, if it is true I would imagine it was done to save money.  Probably better to put those resource towards Maverick and Bronco and Explorer.

Also the Escape sheetmetal doesn't look too sporty to me.

1 minute ago, akirby said:

That might have come from Assimi  Borg so we should probably take that with a huge grain of salt.

However, if it is true I would imagine it was done to save money.  Probably better to put those resource towards Maverick and Bronco and Explorer.

I mean, does Edge's sheetmetal look sporty?  Until you add the different bumpers, wheels, grille insert, etc.

1 minute ago, akirby said:

I haven't heard of one being in development either, and we would have seen spy shots by now anyway. 

Maverick won't get the ST treatment either but that's because it's aimed at a different demographic. I expect there to be a more off-road oriented trim/package. 

10 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I mean, does Edge's sheetmetal look sporty?  Until you add the different bumpers, wheels, grille insert, etc.

Yes.   It's Edgy (pardon the pun) even in non ST trim.

The new escape just looks dowdy to me.  Which is probably ok given Maverick and how they're positioning it in the market.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Yes.   It's Edgy (pardon the pun) even in non ST trim.

The new escape just looks dowdy to me.  Which is probably ok given Maverick and how they're positioning it in the market.

NG escape seems to have a bit more "Focus" in it and i have to wonder if this is Ford Europe's cost cutting that gives up some differentiation...Would a future Edge look more like Fusion/Mondeo......some would say I hope not but maybe that's the plan with new C2s

58 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

NG escape seems to have a bit more "Focus" in it and i have to wonder if this is Ford Europe's cost cutting that gives up some differentiation...Would a future Edge look more like Fusion/Mondeo......some would say I hope not but maybe that's the plan with new C2s

NG Edge is very 2020 Escape

• Like 1

On 3/9/2019 at 6:32 AM, Gurgeh said:

...including my Nautilus. You guys held onto it from Dec. 20 until early-mid Feb. But I've got it now, and am enjoying it very much.

Yes we worked a lot of 4 hour shifts and were laid off for a week last September so that would explain it getting there so late. We did and are still doing a lot of OT to make the numbers. As an employee there I'm glad that you're enjoying your Nautilus. 

• Like 1