Ranger - there is no competition

RIcky Ranger

2 minutes ago, RIcky Ranger said:

I got a 4X2 Oxford White Lariat with the locking  rear differential snd the 501a tech package. What color did you get? 

Very nice RIcky Ranger! Mine is Oxford White too, just like my current '04 Ranger. The 2019 I pre-ordered is an XLT with 301A, e-lock rear differential, trailer tow package, and front/rear splash guards.

• 1 month later...

I am on the brink of getting my 2019 Ranger. It made it through steering wheel supply delays, bed liner spray in back up (everyone wants the cool Ford logo on the back of their cab that you only get from the factory), horrible weather at the plant and on the train trip and is awaiting final transport to the dealership. It’s been a long five months which resulted in connecting with dozens of really good people who shared their knowledge, insights, and thoughts about my new truck. The new Ranger has taught me so much without even sitting in my driveway. I can’t wait for the next Ranger chapter to begin. I’m doing jaw stretches in anticipation of the long lasting smile which will be stuck on my face.  I seriously doubt the competition would have the same positive impact as the Ranger. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RIcky Ranger said:

I am on the brink of getting my 2019 Ranger. It made it through steering wheel supply delays, bed liner spray in back up (everyone wants the cool Ford logo on the back of their cab that you only get from the factory), horrible weather at the plant and on the train trip and is awaiting final transport to the dealership. It’s been a long five months which resulted in connecting with dozens of really good people who shared their knowledge, insights, and thoughts about my new truck. The new Ranger has taught me so much without even sitting in my driveway. I can’t wait for the next Ranger chapter to begin. I’m doing jaw stretches in anticipation of the long lasting smile which will be stuck on my face.  I seriously doubt the competition would have the same positive impact as the Ranger. 

Trust me, you are going to love it.  The wait was worth it!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RIcky Ranger said:

Wonderful post Ricky Ranger! I'm also waiting on a pre-ordered 2019 Ranger. Looks like it should arrive at my dealership by early June.

Your post summed up my feelings perfectly. Ford was completely wrong about the midsize pickup truck market in the U.S. in the early 2010s after they cancelled the previous Ranger. But they did the right thing bringing the global T6 Ranger to the U.S. market now rather than waiting until the next gen Ranger is ready.

I don't mind the wait, and I know my family and I will be smiling when we put our new 2019 Ranger to work in our landscaping and lawn care business this summer.

Thanks again for your post, and best wishes as you wait to take delivery of your 2019 Ranger! ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rperez817 said:

Ford was completely wrong about the midsize pickup truck market in the U.S. in the early 2010s after they cancelled the previous Ranger.

They weren’t wrong at the time they made the decision.  There were other factors that had to be taken into account at that time.

They absolutely misjudged the return of the market and were late to the party by 2-3 years.

• Thanks 1

Ford had too much going on at the time they would have needed to engineer a replacement.

Meanwhile, most manufacturers thought small cars were the wave of the future, and dedicated money and resources in thier direction.

I still see quite a few of the older Rangers around, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of the new models on the road.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Trailhiker said:

I still see quite a few of the older Rangers around, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of the new models on the road.

My '04 Ranger is serving me and and my family well. It's keeping busy in our business as gardening and lawn care season is in full swing! 392k miles on the odometer right now and running good. 

Still, I know we'll be all smiles when it comes time to take our company's sign off the old Ranger and put it on the new Ranger. Some of our customers are just as excited as we are to see the new Ranger! :)

Edited by rperez817
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

My '04 Ranger is serving me and and my family well. It's keeping busy in our business as gardening and lawn care season is in full swing! 392k miles on the odometer right now and running good. 

Still, I know we'll be all smiles when it comes time to take our company's sign off the old Ranger and put it on the new Ranger. Some of our customers are just as excited as we are to see the new Ranger! :)

Supercab right? You make my job harder ;)