Lincoln February sales numbers

Though Ford's overall February sales numbers were disappointing, Lincoln continues to show solid sales growth (now for three months going, combining the typically big month of December with the two smallest sales months of year, January and February).  While Ford no longer announces sales on a monthly basis, there are ways of getting that those numbers and Carsalesbase now has them up for both Ford and Lincoln. Here's Lincoln's numbers: http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales-data/lincoln/

Good news generally for Lincoln, with sales up 15% overall from Feb. 2018. Navigator (up 33%), Nautilus (27%) and MKC (21%) were particularly strong. Even the MKZ saw a little sales growth, up 1.5%. 

But oh, poor Continental, which dropped 60% to a mere 305 sold, making it the poorest selling Lincoln of last month. At 427 (a 311% increase from a year ago!) even the soon-to-be-discontinued MKT sold more. Leaving us with this big question: was Conti's January and February sales slump the flip side of the big December numbers for the sedan flagship due to advanced sales from the PR surrounding the coach-door Special Edition (and hence we'll see a sales revival in the spring)? Or is the car in a death spiral (in the North American market)?

Again, overall another solid month for Lincoln. It will be interesting to see if they can maintain that momentum leading up to the big upcoming releases of the all-new Aviator (sometime around mid-year) and the redesigned MKC replacement, the bigger Corsair (due out this fall).

23 minutes ago, akirby said:

I haven't looked but I'm guessing they aren't offering much in the way of incentives on Conti and will live the low sales and maximize profit per unit instead.

It's a lot easier to sell $40K MKZs than $80K Contis.

I finally bought my Nautilus last month. They had a $2,500 incentive going for the sedans, $1,000 for the SUVs/crossovers (except for Navigator, which had no incentives). Not sure if those were standard incentives, however, as I got that offer from a pop up on the Lincoln site. 

• 1 month later...