Report: Non-Electric Mustang-Based Performance Crossovers Coming

13 minutes ago, falconlover 1 said:

No official information, of course. Only logical deductions of what we are seeing so far...

Here's where you’re wrong. As always, Mustang and Mustang Convertible will be unchanged as far as they are seen in and out of the company. Mustang Hybrid (like every other Hybrid ford has ever done outside of the C-Max) will be treated as a trim level. Mach-E will not carry the Mustang name and once again, it's design is only inspired by Mustang. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Here's where you’re wrong. As always, Mustang and Mustang Convertible will be unchanged as far as they are seen in and out of the company. Mustang Hybrid (like every other Hybrid ford has ever done outside of the C-Max) will be treated as a trim level. Mach-E will not carry the Mustang name and once again, it's design is only inspired by Mustang. 

Which is not a bad thing for Ford or the Mustang.

• Like 1

Just now, coupe3w said:

Which is not a bad thing for Ford or the Mustang.

Exactly. Remember when the 2015 Mustang came out and people were bitching and moaning that the 2.3 was called Mustang EcoBoost? The hybrid is kind of the same thing and Mach E isn't even in that discussion because it won't carry the Mustang name. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Agree. Mustang design cues like the scalloped doors have made their way to other Ford cars before. This BEV may go a little crazy with them, but the Mustang is a good car to emulate. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 70 Stang said:

I know....so why won't they use Model E.....instead of Mach E....or Mach 1

...because it sounds to a lot of folks like an old jalopy -- like a "Model T"

Same reason naming the new Lincoln MKC the "Corsair" might not be the best thing (though it doesn't bother me). To some, it sounds too much like Corvair.

Edited by Gurgeh

2 hours ago, Gurgeh said:

Same reason naming the new Lincoln MKC the "Corsair" might not be the best thing (though it doesn't bother me). To some, it sounds too much like Corvair.

Hasn't hurt Tesla, with them all being Model __

---

Most people don't have any idea what a Corvair is.

4 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Hasn't hurt Tesla, with them all being Model __

---

Most people don't have any idea what a Corvair is.

2 hours ago, mackinaw said:

You got to be an old guy like me to remember the Corvair.

My parents owned them as first cars-they are over 70 years old now. 

8 hours ago, Gurgeh said:

I was thinking about advertising from the Model T to the Model E.....ahhh maybe that's corny.

• Haha 1

Agree that there isn't going to be a "sub branding" of Mustang. Really? Who makes this stuff up?

Next, we will see post of "return of Mercury Grand Marquis".

Also, the full size Ford sedan is dead. Unless Millennials demand them, but don't bet on it.

• Like 1