Jump to content
  • Custom Search


fuzzymoomoo

The last Ford Taurus has rolled off the line in Chicago

Recommended Posts

It's sad, but it seems like most Taurus buyers (civilians and police departments alike) have voluntarily moved into vehicles like the Explorer and Edge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Good riddance. Legacy of Taurus innovation? Not in the past 20 years!

Agreed. The recent Taurus is a pig weight wise and has less interior room than the Fusion. And now customers are buying competitor's products because they don't want to buy a discontinued model, even though Ford cars are still in production. A long term Ford customer just bought a Honda Accord because they thought the Fusion was already out of production. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Toyota and Hyundai are celebrating.  Apparently they did not get the word yet that large cars are history.

Their sales do not support this however.

 

Taurus still ain't dead though, technically:

Auto-sales-statistics-China-Ford_Taurus-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ausrutherford said:

Their sales do not support this however.

 

Taurus still ain't dead though, technically:

Auto-sales-statistics-China-Ford_Taurus-

I understand your point about the other guy's sales stats.  But again, when Ford is ahead of others in abandoning a market, the competitors improve their position-check out Ice-Capades comment about a long time customer buying an Accord because he thought Ford was out of the car business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Bob Rosadini said:

I understand your point about the other guy's sales stats.  But again, when Ford is ahead of others in abandoning a market, the competitors improve their position-check out Ice-Capades comment about a long time customer buying an Accord because he thought Ford was out of the car business.

Did GM's BOF wagon sales go up when Ford and Chrysler got out of the business? Nope

Did Ford's BOF sedan sales go up when GM got out of the market? Nope

Just because Ford is getting out of the market, does not mean Toyota and Hyundai are getting more sales. Genesis' sales are in a dumpster fire right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ausrutherford said:

Genesis' sales are in a dumpster fire right now. 

That's because they only exist in the sedan market and their brand awareness is almost zero to begin with anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

A long term Ford customer just bought a Honda Accord because they thought the Fusion was already out of production. 

Why would they think that? If they were as "long term" are you state, wouldn't they have talked to you first? Or, maybe your dealership marketing department dropped the ball....or, heaven forbid, they just wanted a Honda and didn't have the heart to tell you, instead, just telling you the excuse you stated here.

Edited by twintornados

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Agreed. The recent Taurus is a pig weight wise and has less interior room than the Fusion.

Thank you ice-capades sir. Taurus looks like a pig too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

Did GM's BOF wagon sales go up when Ford and Chrysler got out of the business? Nope

Did Ford's BOF sedan sales go up when GM got out of the market? Nope

Just because Ford is getting out of the market, does not mean Toyota and Hyundai are getting more sales. Genesis' sales are in a dumpster fire right now. 

Well, it appears a lot of buyers are going elsewhere - Ford’s 2018 calender year car sales were off 17.7% and SUV sales were up just 0.1%. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Trader 10 said:

Well, it appears a lot of buyers are going elsewhere - Ford’s 2018 calender year car sales were off 17.7% and SUV sales were up just 0.1%. 

"Who cares? Profits are up!" 

-Jim Hackett probably 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Thank you ice-capades sir. Taurus looks like a pig too.

 

3 hours ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Ahh   to each his own

 

Exactly Bob, unless you are fawning over a Jaguar or even a luxury wanna-be Tesla, reperez holds you in ill regard....for what it's worth, your Taurus looks really sharp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×