Bronco mule

13 hours ago, T-dubz said:

what are y’alls thoughts on bronco pricing? Should we expect similar prices to the 2 and 4 door wranglers or is it going to be more of a specialty product like the raptor with similar pricing?

a rubicon is about $42k for the 4 door and a sport is around $32k. If I could get a 4 door bronco xlt for around $36k I’d be a happy man.

My guess is Ranger price plus 10%

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

It appears to be wider than the Ranger mule its based upon. Suggests the next gen Ranger will be a tad wider too. 

Anything is possible with so many changes from the ground up, baking in all potential product variations that are covered under the envelope.

I wonder if Bronco will cover this classic styling element at the top of the door, that's kinda cool

17738_13607_large.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Edgeoffroad04 said:

Does anyone know if ford has decided on front suspension style? SFA vs. IFS?  Curious if they are still testing or if that ship has sailed and what we see in the Mule is it.

IFS, the mule at the start of this thread is a long term chassis evaluation vehicle, it clearly has IFS

44 minutes ago, Edgeoffroad04 said:

Not married to needing an SFA....any insight into the IFS setup being used under the Mule? 

Probably very similar to the existing Ranger.  The rear is probably similar to the Ranger Raptor with the Watts linkage.

I´m tired of the Bronco history. 6 years waiting for this vehicle. Is a long time with rumors, fake news, delays and more delays, and more delays. I'm at a point where I do not want to know anything about this car anymore. If they're going to produce it, let them do it once and for all .

Test mules 6 years after Ford announced they will produce a new Bronco!   Oh My God!  

?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, falconlover 1 said:

I´m tired of the Bronco history. 6 years waiting for this vehicle. Is a long time with rumors, fake news, delays and more delays, and more delays. I'm at a point where I do not want to know anything about this car anymore. If they're going to produce it, let them do it once and for all .

Test mules 6 years after Ford announced they will produce a new Bronco!   Oh My God!  

?

6 years?  It’s only been a little over 2 years.

• Like 4

If you really want to split hairs, we had a Bronco concept back in 2004 or so-pre global recession and the great SUV correction of 2007 or so when gas prices sky rocketed. So we can techinally say we have been waiting almost a decade and half :)

The current Bronco rumors are about 4-5 years old, prior the way too early show off the name in 2017. 

52 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

If you really want to split hairs, we had a Bronco concept back in 2004 or so-pre global recession and the great SUV correction of 2007 or so when gas prices sky rocketed. So we can techinally say we have been waiting almost a decade and half :)

The current Bronco rumors are about 4-5 years old, prior the way too early show off the name in 2017. 

?

Image result for splitting hairs

• Haha 4

On 3/1/2019 at 11:36 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

I'm 90% sure that's the 2 door too. 4 door has the same short rear overhang on a little longer wheelbase. 

Yeah, I think that's definitely a 2 door.

On 3/2/2019 at 12:08 AM, T-dubz said:

what are y’alls thoughts on bronco pricing? Should we expect similar prices to the 2 and 4 door wranglers or is it going to be more of a specialty product like the raptor with similar pricing?

a rubicon is about $42k for the 4 door and a sport is around $32k. If I could get a 4 door bronco xlt for around $36k I’d be a happy man.

I'm guessing it'll fall in line with Edge pricing, if not a tad higher with a Raptor version.

8 hours ago, falconlover 1 said:

?

I'm impatient too, but dramatic much?

It's nice we're actually seeing mules of it finally.

36 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

I think they will be competitive with Wrangler but I wonder if Ford sits the price between Edge and Explorer

That sounds about right. You’d expect it to be more expensive than the edge due to it being a 4x4.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 7:30 PM, Edgeoffroad04 said:

Does anyone know if ford has decided on front suspension style? SFA vs. IFS?  Curious if they are still testing or if that ship has sailed and what we see in the Mule is it.

inside source..SRA avail as a bolt on aftermarket item...we shall see...but I truly doubt it will come from the factory in anything other than a full bore special edition..

39 minutes ago, Deanh said:

inside source..SRA avail as a bolt on aftermarket item...we shall see...but I truly doubt it will come from the factory in anything other than a full bore special edition..

I'm hearing it is a watts linkage from the factory 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I'm hearing it is a watts linkage from the factory 

more usable day to day...not as extreme off...good compromise...being able to add it for the hardcore crowd covers both, and judging by the outrageous aftermarket spending the Hardcore crowd slather their Wranglers with...aftermarket wont be an issue....

• Like 3