Bronco mule

14 minutes ago, mackinaw said:

No kidding, a billion bucks.  Not exactly chump change.

Yeah but a lot of that refitting was covered by low interest $5.9 billion loan from DOE, that was spread across something like 14 plants to make more fuel efficient vehicles and transmissions. Ford obviously saw that as a way of getting things done right away without spending its own precious cash reserves.

13 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Yeah but a lot of that refitting was covered by low interest $5.9 billion loan from DOE, that was spread across something like 14 plants to make more fuel efficient vehicles and transmissions. Ford obviously saw that as a way of getting things done right away without spending its own precious cash reserves.

That was for the retooling for the Focus (among other projects 

The cost of the retooling for Ranger was $1 Billion 

Just now, fuzzymoomoo said:

That was for the retooling for the Focus (among other projects 

The cost of the retooling for Ranger was $1 Billion 

OK, now I see the comedy, they spent all that money but also tried to reuse equipment bought for Focus and now it limits production. Great.

10 minutes ago, wildosvt said:

Keep in mind the supercab front door is wider than a supercrew front door.

Precisely....now imagine that panel behind the supercab door is not there......

To all here on this thread and those looking on, If i've behaved in a preachy,  overbearing and dismissive way to any and all here, I sincerely apologize for being so opinionated and forthright .This is supposed to be a  a place where Ideas are shared and other's opinions are valued and respected. In saying that, I now step back and leave the floor free for others to discuss in peace.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

To all here on this thread and those looking on, If i've behaved in a preachy,  overbearing and dismissive way to any and all here, I sincerely apologize for being so opinionated and forthright .This is supposed to be a  a place where Ideas are shared and other's opinions are valued and respected. In saying that, I now step back and leave the floor free for others to discuss in peace.

Interesting, Thanks for the insight to it being s 4 door chassis. Ive been racking my brain over the size and proportion for a few minutes now and how it might work out. LOL

::edit: I have had no sense of you being nothing but constructive as you always are. 

Edited by wildosvt
sending love to jpd80
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, wildosvt said:

Interesting, Thanks for the insight to it being s 4 door chassis. Ive been racking my brain over the size and proportion for a few minutes now and how it might work out. LOL

::edit: I have had no sense of you being nothing but constructive as you always are. 

Look to the Flex for the general shape of the doors, complete with how the wheel well is incorporated into the back door, and without that weird little lip that curved inward on the bottom of the doors. Obviously they will be more in proportion to the size of the vehicle since the Flex's doors are gargantuan. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

if you look at the Everest, the rear door almost goes to the middle of the rear wheels. Now imagine a rear door going to that same point on the bronco mule with a shorter front door and it seems very similar to the Everest with a much smaller cargo area.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

if you look at the Everest, the rear door almost goes to the middle of the rear wheels. Now imagine a rear door going to that same point on the bronco mule with a shorter front door and it seems very similar to the Everest with a much smaller cargo area.

The Bronco doors don't quite extend that far back over the tire but that's the general idea. 

The body sides are much flatter too

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Yep, I saw the short overhang and wondered if that was just because of it being a mule, but in this pic, you can see the rear overhang is pretty small too.

ford-bronco-teaser.jpg

I'm 90% sure that's the 2 door too. 4 door has the same short rear overhang on a little longer wheelbase. 

• Like 1

Just to give you an idea of my thoughts on Bronco side profiles, iI did these absolutely disgusting / rough chops of a poor Flex to show what I think the general body shape will look like, please put your safety goggles on now...(Apologies to all Flex owners)

So have I just built a house of cards on things I imagined?

This really needs someone with a lot more ability than my feeble attempt.

1062746882_Chop1a.jpg.2fadc6d7dbee9f374f80bbcba035b509.jpg1631754034_Chop2a-Copy.jpg.a70de365ce77e4d1e879c60f290f77ed.jpg

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

Just remember, Bronco is a 5 seat vehicle while Everest is a 7 seat vehicle... So naturally, you would expect Bronco to be using the SWB version of the same chassis.

Imagine 3 different lengths for Ford's midsize BOF SUV:

• Short - 2 door Bronco
  • Mid - 4 door Bronco
  • Long - Everest

I'm not saying Bronco and Everest will look similar (we already established that will not be the case). I'm just saying that from chassis engineering standpoint, Ford must have already baked in 3 wheelbase for the 3 different tophats.

• Like 2

what are y’alls thoughts on bronco pricing? Should we expect similar prices to the 2 and 4 door wranglers or is it going to be more of a specialty product like the raptor with similar pricing?

a rubicon is about $42k for the 4 door and a sport is around $32k. If I could get a 4 door bronco xlt for around $36k I’d be a happy man.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bzcat said:

Just remember, Bronco is a 5 seat vehicle while Everest is a 7 seat vehicle... So naturally, you would expect Bronco to be using the SWB version of the same chassis.

Imagine 3 different lengths for Ford's midsize BOF SUV:

• Short - 2 door Bronco
  • Mid - 4 door Bronco
  • Long - Everest

I'm not saying Bronco and Everest will look similar (we already established that will not be the case). I'm just saying that from chassis engineering standpoint, Ford must have already baked in 3 wheelbase for the 3 different tophats.

That's very good points, a lot of this is pieced together by clues an as I said above, the styling could and probably is way off.

and on second thoughts that lower image the door is clearly too long and should  probably be more like this 

Mods, if these images are too offensive  to Flex owners' sensitivities please feel free to remove them

2059105784_Chop2b-.jpg.e3642bb4fda06b6135cb68a6b927a924.jpg

Edited by jpd80

9 hours ago, T-dubz said:

what are y’alls thoughts on bronco pricing? Should we expect similar prices to the 2 and 4 door wranglers or is it going to be more of a specialty product like the raptor with similar pricing?

a rubicon is about $42k for the 4 door and a sport is around $32k. If I could get a 4 door bronco xlt for around $36k I’d be a happy man.

I think a fully loaded 4 door will be just under 50K. If they do a Raptor-$55k+

13 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Nothing "preachy, overbearing and dismissive" in your posts IMO.  Stay the course!?

• Thanks 1