Bronco mule

10 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

No, you misunderstood me. You are technically correct when you say MAP stays on 1 shift until the Bronco launches, but that only applies to Final Assembly. Body and Paint have been on 2 shifts since "full" Ranger production began in December and it will stay that way indefinitely as far as I've heard. 

Gotcha, will body and paint  be able to keep up?

3 minutes ago, Twin Turbo said:

That's pretty aggressive development timescales......but I know Ford now use a lot of computer modelling to reduce the amount of time spent building/driving mules/prototypes, so perhaps that will be reflected in seeing such mules later than normal.

I'm guessing we're about a year and a half-ish away from preproduction Bronco builds coming down the line at MAP (no work has been done yet installing the tooling for it at all yet) so if anything seeing a mule now is a little early. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Twin Turbo said:

That's pretty aggressive development timescales......but I know Ford now use a lot of computer modelling to reduce the amount of time spent building/driving mules/prototypes, so perhaps that will be reflected in seeing such mules later than normal.

Final design lock in is normally about two years out and the second half of the project is devoted to production ready and field evaluation and reliability, I think they are still being conservative to ensure no missteps and false starts occur. Lots of lessons learned with Gen 1 T6, consider that the dress rehearsal before prime time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Gotcha, will body and paint  be able to keep up?

Sure they will, that's why they’re running 2 shifts and final isn't. 

I've yet to go over to south body since transferring to the Body plant (I have however been over to sub assemblies and things seem to be going smooth over there) but from what I can tell they are running smoothly with no major issues. They just opened area bump yesterday so there's a good chance I'll wind up over there very soon since I'm currently in a traditionally high seniority department. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Anthony said:

Nah, that's the new 2.5 foot bed Ranger. Great for coolers and barbecues. Being marketed as a lifestyle vehicle for the urban dweller.

OK, I'll admit that I was asking for the 5' bed on the Ranger SuperCab, but this is a little short,,,,,,,,,

HRG

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SoonerLS said:

Maybe in wheelbase and overall length, but the Escape is nowhere near as big as the late model Broncos in any other dimension. With a front bench seat, the Bronco seated six comfortably; I was over 6' tall and still rode comfortably in the back seat with my brother and sister, even on long trips. I'm not sure I could ride comfortably in the back seat of an Escape on a crosstown trip.

2019 Ecosport:
161″ L x 70″ W x 65″ H

2018 Escape:
178″ L x 72″ W x 66″ H

1979 Bronco

180.3" L x 79.3" W x 75.5 in

1992 Bronco:
184″ L x 79″ W x 75″ H

1975 Bronco

152.1" L  x 69.1 W x 71.6 in

I goofed on the Gen-it was roughly the same size as the second/third gen, not the fourth. I'm sure the new 2020 Escape will be virtually the same length as the last gen Bronco, but not as wide. 
I'm going with the 2021 4 door Bronco being roughly the size of the Current Edge.

42 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

im assuming the two door bronco will still have a back seat. Do y’all expect it to have some version of the access doors like the supercab trucks have? 

It's a straight up 2 door. You want to get in the back seat you’re sliding the front seat forward and squeezing through. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It's a straight up 2 door. You want to get in the back seat you’re sliding the front seat forward and squeezing through. 

Especially if the two door is a shorter wheelbase like the original Bronco.

20 minutes ago, CurtisH said:

There’s no way the wheelbase will be as short as the original Bronco.  It was something like 96 inches. 

Context.

Look at the mule, that's a 4-door chassis, now imagine how much shorter a 2-door can be..

I'm not saying anything about actual wheelbase lengths, just comparatives,

Edited by jpd80

MAP paint shop will be getting new spray robots sometime before Bronco production starts. Currently paint shop can only paint Rangers at half the speed that Final runs at. That's why there on 2 shifts. Still using same spray robots as Focus. Painting a Ranger cab and bed is like painting 2 Focus.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, chris532 said:

MAP paint shop will be getting new spray robots sometime before Bronco production starts. Currently paint shop can only paint Rangers at half the speed that Final runs at. That's why there on 2 shifts. Still using same spray robots as Focus. Painting a Ranger cab and bed is like painting 2 Focus.

Lol. Billion dollar investment folks....

• Like 1