New Facebook Pages

Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

• Custom Search

Bellanca

2020 Jaguar XE Revealed

I think it’s a solid improvement; I always thought the XE was a good looking car but a bit too restrained and the interior always felt rather ho-hum to me, but these updates change that; just hoping the I6 somehow makes its way into the lineup. 

https://media.jaguar.com/news/2019/02/new-jaguar-xe-enhanced-exterior-all-new-luxurious-interior-and-intuitive-new

E08615D7-2A0F-4577-9843-184D458BAA8B.jpeg

1B9F9C0E-EB13-4A98-BD2C-8A5E1678D3B9.jpeg

5557BCE3-5D66-44E8-8AF5-A7405111597C.jpeg

The interior still looks like it belongs in the base model Corolla. 

33 minutes ago, sullynd said:

The interior still looks like it belongs in the base model Corolla. 

You're gonna get someone mad.....

Is impossible to separate the old model from the new. What a waste of money!

P.S.: Guys, are you sure you put here the pics of the new model?

Edited by falconlover 1

1 hour ago, twintornados said:

You're gonna get someone mad.....

Yes sir, this is clearly a hack job.

Maybe Ford can send them the tooling for the Fusion to make another X type. It is still better looking than this, and Ford is not going to use it anymore.

All joking aside, this will not stop this car's sales slide and this model does not have much of a future.

Nice refresh. The new infotainment system alone is a big step forward. The old InControl (aka Out of Control) system was awful.

For the U.S. market, XE is a lost cause though. Sales of entry luxury sedans have been declining almost since the XE was introduced. And though XE is a great car, there are more superb competitors than ever. BMW G20 3-Series, Alfa Romeo Giulia, Genesis G70.

XE will probably be cancelled for the U.S. at the end of the current model's lifecycle. XF too.

1 hour ago, rperez817 said:

..... And though XE is a great car, there are more superb competitors than ever. BMW G20 3-Series, Alfa Romeo Giulia, Genesis G70.

You forgot to mention Tesla.....

5 minutes ago, twintornados said:

You forgot to mention Tesla.....

Good point twintornados sir. The gasoline powered competitors mentioned earlier are making it difficult for Jaguar XE sales in the U.S. And other regions too.

Tesla Model 3 is the competitor that will kill the XE in the U.S. market completely.

Edited by rperez817

3 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Good point twintornados sir. The gasoline powered competitors mentioned earlier are making it difficult for Jaguar XE sales in the U.S. And other regions too.

Tesla Model 3 is the competitor that will kill the XE in the U.S. market completely.

Related image

-It's unforgivable to forget Tesla on a list that includes  luxury cars-

... and other sarcastic phrases

😋

I like the front, but the back 3/4 is forgettable.

Yes, the XE and XF will probably get the axe and be combined into one model; perhaps they’ll then offer that car in a LWB configuration. 

21 hours ago, Bellanca said:

Yes, the XE and XF will probably get the axe and be combined into one model; perhaps they’ll then offer that car in a LWB configuration. 

I think the XF will survive. The XJ will probably die in favor of a 7 seat CUV and the XE will also probably be phased out for a small CUV. The XF is the best possible size to please the sporty and luxury ends of the market.

The new XJ is most likely being unveiled later this year so I don’t see it getting the axe for at least another generation; there was also the rumored J-Pace. The XJ still sells well considering its age; the XE and XF’s sales pretty lackluster. 

I kinda like it, but it does seem kinda cheap.

JMO, but the outgoing model looks better.