2020 Jaguar XE Revealed

Bellanca

I think it’s a solid improvement; I always thought the XE was a good looking car but a bit too restrained and the interior always felt rather ho-hum to me, but these updates change that; just hoping the I6 somehow makes its way into the lineup. 

https://media.jaguar.com/news/2019/02/new-jaguar-xe-enhanced-exterior-all-new-luxurious-interior-and-intuitive-new

E08615D7-2A0F-4577-9843-184D458BAA8B.jpeg

1B9F9C0E-EB13-4A98-BD2C-8A5E1678D3B9.jpeg

5557BCE3-5D66-44E8-8AF5-A7405111597C.jpeg

• Like 1

Nice refresh. The new infotainment system alone is a big step forward. The old InControl (aka Out of Control) system was awful.

For the U.S. market, XE is a lost cause though. Sales of entry luxury sedans have been declining almost since the XE was introduced. And though XE is a great car, there are more superb competitors than ever. BMW G20 3-Series, Alfa Romeo Giulia, Genesis G70.

XE will probably be cancelled for the U.S. at the end of the current model's lifecycle. XF too.

5 minutes ago, twintornados said:

You forgot to mention Tesla.....

Good point twintornados sir. The gasoline powered competitors mentioned earlier are making it difficult for Jaguar XE sales in the U.S. And other regions too.

Tesla Model 3 is the competitor that will kill the XE in the U.S. market completely.

Edited by rperez817

21 hours ago, Bellanca said:

Yes, the XE and XF will probably get the axe and be combined into one model; perhaps they’ll then offer that car in a LWB configuration. 

I think the XF will survive. The XJ will probably die in favor of a 7 seat CUV and the XE will also probably be phased out for a small CUV. The XF is the best possible size to please the sporty and luxury ends of the market.

The new XJ is most likely being unveiled later this year so I don’t see it getting the axe for at least another generation; there was also the rumored J-Pace. The XJ still sells well considering its age; the XE and XF’s sales pretty lackluster.