Passenger Side Door Not Latching ('13 Fusion)

deadman64

I just went to close my front seat, driver side door and I did not get the satisfying 'latch' sound/feel.  I thought something was blocking the door but then there was nothing there.  I can push it shut and "lock' the car (the door thinks it's locked as indicated by the red LED) but you can simply pull open the door.  You don't even need to pull the door handle.

So not only can I not lock my car but this is a serious safety concern and I'm glad I discovered it while in a parking lot.  I'd hate to think what would happen if a passenger pushed against the door while actually driving.

Has anyone experienced this or know how to fix it?  I am also curious if anyone knows if this is a TSB or recall.

Not exactly.  The recall just replaces defective parts with good parts (supposedly), but even "good" parts fail and at that point it becomes just like any other repair - subject to normal warranty limitations.

My question is whether they replaced them correctly in the recall.  If they used the old defective parts then you should be entitled to a free replacement.   Pay for the repair, save the old parts and have them checked.