Anyone know the TBR for the Torsen rear diff in the GT/PP and Bullitt?

Zooks527

Good morning.

The current Mustang GT performance package and Bullitt versions use a Torsen T-2R limited slip differential instead of the Trac-Lok used in the other versions, at least in the US.  I know the torque bias ratio in a Torsen differential is fixed by the gear design, and I know that the T-2R models come in between 3:1 and 4:1.

Does anyone know what TBR is used in the ones placed in the Mustang?

Actually, my lead-in sentence above begs another question.  Does anyone know why the UK versions of the Bullitt use a Trac-Lok with a 3.55 gear set instead of the Torsen with the 3.73 used in the US?  A wild guess on on my part would be that the 3.55 gears are used for fuel economy purposes and that the Torsen isn't compatible with that, but, as noted, that's a guess with nothing to back it up.  Does anyone have enough information to make even an informed guess?  Or, for that matter, enough information to say that I'm off in left field and the UK version is the same as the US?

Thanks!