7 months of corvettes sitting on lots

blwnsmoke

On 2/21/2019 at 2:35 PM, rperez817 said:

Well at least Corvette is selling faster than Dodge Viper, which after being discontinued in 2017 still has 14 months of inventory sitting on dealer lots. ?

They sold one Viper in January, nationwide, there's two left - that's your 14 months inventory.

Last year, nine Vipers were sold.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, grbeck said:

I thought GM was going to continue the front-engine Corvette, and add the mid-engine version as a separate model?

Some have thought that.  There may be a transition period. Especially with them continuing the ZR1.  But if it happens I suspect it will be short lived.  A stronger rumor is that they will be adding a Cadillac derivative based on the new platform.

Personally, I don't see the point of a FE Corvette, ME Corvette, Caddy, AND Camaro.

Pick the ME Corvette for their HiPo SuperCar.  Pick the Camaro for the nostalgic muscle car.  Skip the Caddy because they can't do anything right anyway.

But of course General Malfunction won't go this route.  We can all see it coming.

Corvette inventory is high because people are waiting to see C8, and GM hasn't reduced the factory output, and incentives haven't been cranked up to clear out the inventory.

I suspect the factory will go down for a long as 4 or 5 months for retooling so this may explain why GM hasn't slowed down production. But that won't change the fact that people are waiting to see C8. Sports car sales tend to fall off a cliff at the end of the life cycle when the new one is right around the corner.

Is the last chance to buy a Corvette, a real Corvette: a 2 seats sport car with front mounted engine and RWD, with a moderate price. That is the real Corvette.  The next mid-engine car that GM will call Corvette is anything except a Corvette.

Edited by falconlover 1
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, falconlover 1 said:

Is the last chance to buy a Corvette, a real Corvette: a 2 seats sport car with front mounted engine and RWD, with a moderate price. That is the real Corvette.  The next mid-engine car that GM will call Corvette is anything except a Corvette.

Well as someone on my fourth Corvette C5, 2 - C6's and present C7 I would disagree.  A Corvette is a performance 2 seater that can compete with anything out there for a good price - the most bang for your buck.  I don't care where the motor is or what powers it.  Some people are balking at the thought of the Corvette going electric.  I would welcome a flux capacitor if it gave me the performance and reduced my carbon footprint.