Is this the next gen Ford Ranger?

3 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Because it's not a photograph.  It's clearly a rendering.

Just to be clear here, Wheels magazine didn't take those pics, they were given them by someone else..so it could be anything from anyone.

Edited by jpd80

7 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Just to be clear here, Wheels magazine didn't take those pics, they were given them by someone else..so it could be anything from anyone.

Right.  My point is just that there are several articles around that say for certain it's a photograph, when it doesn't look anything like a photograph to me - looks 100% a rendering to my eyes.  The lighting and especially the head/taillights give it away for me.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Right.  My point is just that there are several articles around that say for certain it's a photograph, when it doesn't look anything like a photograph to me - looks 100% a rendering to my eyes.  The lighting and especially the head/taillights give it away for me.

If it's a full-on rendering, someone went above and beyond on it, adding in the wheel dolly and cover. But there is something that looks "off" about it (aside from it using GM truck styling language). 

Really, I think it looks like something from one of those stupid GM "focus group" commercials where they're trying to snooker people into thinking their vehicle is from another maker.

On 2/21/2019 at 11:36 AM, ExplorerDude said:

I hate to say it but I believe this is the 2021MY P703 (Ranger) for the global markets. We will get this exact Ranger here in North America for the 2023MY with some NA specific tweaks. It’s currently in design review/finalization for specific trims so it’s very close to reveal in global markets in the next 18 months.

I hate to say it but I think you're 100% correct.

On 2/22/2019 at 3:51 PM, barney9014 said:

Sign reflected in the hood. 

79450911-834B-448B-9A71-C194FAD24A15.png

6 hours ago, falconlover 1 said:

Is cool. Is atractive. Is modern, futuristic (those headlig...  wait... where are the headligths?)... Is a perfect truck for 2021-2023.

I believe that lower part below the chrome bar (you can see two lighting elements in there).

There are also lighting elements within the chrome bar, presumably turn signals?

4 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

Was told about this over the weekend, looks like someone violated an NDA and gave pictures to media.  While it's interesting to see the future Ranger, it really disadvantages Ford by giving its competitors a huge look ahead with  what Ford is doing....

I hate to say it but breaches in trust like this may lead Ford to reconsider loss of future work for FAPA.

Edited by jpd80

That looks deceivingly like a fascia on the front of that (especially the middle section which extends up into the grille area).  That might be an overseas design and the US will get one with more conventional bumpers like the current Ranger.  I mean they made a huge deal how "real trucks don't have fascias" when they introduced the 19 Ranger to the US.

Either way, the design doesn't suit my fancy for a truck.  Glad I got my Ranger when I did even if it will end up as a red-headed stepchild.