2020 Lincoln Corsair with less camo

1 hour ago, twintornados said:

Yeah, but Lincoln just calls it "Black Label"...

Actually, on the Aviator, Black Label and Grand Touring (performance plug in electric) are separate options. One can have a Black Label non-GT 3.0, a Black Label GT 3.0/plug-in hybrid, or a non-Black Label GT 3.0/plug-in hybrid.

Edited by Gurgeh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

Actually, on the Aviator, Black Label and Grand Touring (performance plug in electric) are separate options. One can have a Black Label non-GT 3.0, a Black Label GT 3.0/plug-in hybrid, or a non-Black Label GT 3.0/plug-in hybrid.

Well there you go...Aviator Grand Touring ...

4 hours ago, akirby said:

It should have a hybrid version but I don't think it will be a performance oriented GT version due to platform limitations.

We already know there will be PHEV Corsair. The question is whether it will be called Grand Touring like Aviator.

Just now, bzcat said:

We already know there will be PHEV Corsair. The question is whether it will be called Grand Touring like Aviator.

I think they only thing left to understand is where it will lie on the performance/FE spectrum.

The Aviator GT appears (on paper at least)  to be more performance biased over FE. We won't know until for sure until people can start getting behind the wheel. Job 1 has to be coming up soon ish.

30 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

I think they only thing left to understand is where it will lie on the performance/FE spectrum.

The Aviator GT appears (on paper at least)  to be more performance biased over FE. We won't know until for sure until people can start getting behind the wheel. Job 1 has to be coming up soon ish.

August something.... 

1 minute ago, jcartwright99 said:

This.   PHEV doesn't mean high performance like the Aviator GT.   Whatever it is will have a different hybrid architecture since it stays transverse.  My guess is it will just be a fuel economy version using the 2.5L PHEV drivetrain.

The only ecoboost HEVs listed on the 2020 oil chart were the 2.0L, 2.5L, 3.3L and 3.0LEB and I'm reasonably sure the 3.3L and 3.0LEB won't fit.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I think that's only for performance hybrids like the Aviator.   I can't see a 2.5L PHEV Corsair being called Gran Touring.

We know there will be hybrid Corsair and PHEV Corsair. We don't know the performance difference but in another thread I explained that MKC 2.3 EB is significantly outguned by the competition optional engine (e.g. vs. Audi SQ5, BMW X3M40i, Mercedes GLC43 etc) since they are all new (it kept up with the previous gen just fine). So Ford has a decision to make --  Plan A: to significantly boost the power rating on the transverse 2.3 EB in Corsair, or Plan B: make the PHEV GT-worthy

I don't know which way Ford will go but it's fun to think about it and speculate.

55 minutes ago, bzcat said:

We know there will be hybrid Corsair and PHEV Corsair. We don't know the performance difference but in another thread I explained that MKC 2.3 EB is significantly outguned by the competition optional engine (e.g. vs. Audi SQ5, BMW X3M40i, Mercedes GLC43 etc) since they are all new (it kept up with the previous gen just fine). So Ford has a decision to make --  Plan A: to significantly boost the power rating on the transverse 2.3 EB in Corsair, or Plan B: make the PHEV GT-worthy

I don't know which way Ford will go but it's fun to think about it and speculate.

I'm not sure it is fair to compare the Corsair directly with the Q5. It will be nearly of a size with its growth, and the Nautilus comes in mid-way between the Q5 and Q7 (with which the Aviator will more directly compete). But a Corsair 2.3EB should outgun the 2.0 Q5, and if there is a performance-oriented PHEV (a big if, which I kind of doubt, but we'll see) it could do even better, but I don't see Lincoln wanting to make the same mistake Cadillac did and trying to out German the Germans in a hot performance model like the SQ5. 

18 hours ago, bzcat said:

We don't know the performance difference but in another thread I explained that MKC 2.3 EB is significantly outguned by the competition optional engine (e.g. vs. Audi SQ5, BMW X3M40i, Mercedes GLC43 etc) since they are all new (it kept up with the previous gen just fine).

Let's face it, the majority of the Euro Buyers won't cross shop to a Lincoln.  The models you've mentioned are specifically made to be performance models.  The Lincoln isn't.  If it was, it would have the Focus RS drive train in it.

Current MKC 2.3EB: HP 285  TQ:305

Caddy CT4: HP 237 TQ: 258

Accura RDX: HP 272 TQ: 280

Lexus NX: HP: 235  TQ: 258

Audi Q5 Standard: HP: 248  TQ: 273

Volvo XC40:  HP: 187 TQ: 221

A bit more of a stretch, but:

Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk: HP: 271  TQ: 239

Kia Sportage SX Turbo: HP: 237  TQ: 260

So nothing currently in the luxury, or even the near luxury small SUV market outperforms the MKC.

Edited by 92merc
  • Like 1

I would use the word "more powerful in HP" than out performs...Only because with some of the examples listed and tested against the MKC, have outperformed in 0-60 the MKC.  Not sure if it's the transmission, or weight. Not sure if it was C&D or MT but I do remember it came towards the rear in performance. But the Corsair would have the opportunity to push the 2.3L over 300HP and still lead HP...

On 3/20/2019 at 12:27 PM, spudz64 said:
The 2019 New York Auto show press conference schedule is out, Wed April 17 Lincoln debut at 9:45am EST! CORSAIR here it comes!

The Administrator on the Facebook site "Everything Lincoln" posted yesterday that her sales manager (she's a Lincoln sales consultant in Texas) just got back from Detroit and said that the April 17 announcement will not be the Corsair, but will be "something totally new," but didn't elaborate. Huh. Still feels that the timing is right for a Corsair reveal, but guess we'll find out in a few weeks.

13 hours ago, spudz64 said:

FYI Soon to be dropped and considered a flop! 

The problem is the design language of Infiniti.  MB moves a quite few of what is essentially the same vehicle in the Boston area. Infiniti tries to stand out in the crowded  lux and near lux field but ends up looking garish. I think the new corsair will find space in the market  because new englanders appreciate a more understated design language.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gurgeh said:

The Administrator on the Facebook site "Everything Lincoln" posted yesterday that her sales manager (she's a Lincoln sales consultant in Texas) just got back from Detroit and said that the April 17 announcement will not be the Corsair, but will be "something totally new," but didn't elaborate. Huh. Still feels that the timing is right for a Corsair reveal, but guess we'll find out in a few weeks.

Well technically the Corsair is completely new since it doesn’t exist now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Well technically the Corsair is completely new since it doesn’t exist now.

True, but the message the Sales Manager brought back was that it wasn't the Corsair, but something else. Personally, I still think it will be the Corsair (or at least the Corsair as well), but we'll see...

2 hours ago, Gurgeh said:

Well technically she said “one of my sales managers just got back from Detroit, and she said Lincoln’s announcement in April is about something totally new!??” which the Corsair is, being a new nameplate and all new...? Either way, I expect the Corsair to be there, as it appears the order banks open mid May. 

2 hours ago, spudz64 said:

Well technically she said “one of my sales managers just got back from Detroit, and she said Lincoln’s announcement in April is about something totally new!??” which the Corsair is, being a new nameplate and all new...? Either way, I expect the Corsair to be there, as it appears the order banks open mid May. 

You're right. That statement could be read either way. That indeed it will be something new, as in not Corsair. Or it could be "WTF, something new? You've got to be kidding me, the order banks open mid May!" :)

• Like 1