Ford Otosan-Commercial Vehicles

1 hour ago, Joe771476 said:

I think they had to license it from Ford, Budd held no ownership.  But since you mentioned the Mack N series, check out these N-series Fords!  Only 4 minutes.

Ford N Series Trucks - YouTube

Joe-Nice driving truck-If you were a mechanic? Not so nice-in particular if there was half of an NH-250 Cummins half into the cab under the dog house!

This truck takes the cake!  Turns on a dime!  Seems to me this concept would be great for long, single chassis aerial ladder fire apparatus.  School buses too maybe.  But I think just two steering axles would be enough!  And I'm not sure if I've ever seen a set of DUAL wheels steering.  Four axles on a fire truck would take away a lot of usable compartment space.  It might require some driver training though!  Yeah I know GM toyed with 4-wheel steering about 10 years ago I believe.  I don't think most drivers could deal with the surprises.  

Tatra Kamyon 8x8 - YouTube

Could be a slight copyright infringement, unless it's a genuine Ford label down there in Brazil. No possible way to confuse them though.  Not sure if the MAX name was a good choice for the Otosan F-Max with the Boeing 737 MAX fiasco. Again though, no confusion  possible!  Only 3 minutes.

F-Maxx Torqshift Nº 28 ‹ Only Cars › - YouTube

Edited by Joe771476
  • Thanks 1

Back when Ford was a powerhouse.  Like I said before, now it's just an emaciated, emasculated entity.  Right now, they should be the biggest mfr. of heavy trucks and farm tractors in the world!  Ford should not have to tie up with the likes of VW.  Anyway, notice the Ford backhoe.  Why couldn't Ford buy up others?  Why did they sell out?  For shareholder value?  You're kidding, right? Only 4 minutes.

Ford Commercial Vehicle Range - 1968 - YouTube

Edited by Joe771476

38 minutes ago, Joe771476 said:

Is the F-Max only available in tractor?  Is the Cargo still being made? I assume yes. Two nice 2 minute videos.  Disregard the "only 4 minutes" link above.

Сила и мощь. Ford Trucks 4142D - YouTube

Самосвалы Ford Trucks 3542D и 4142D - YouTube

No clue what that modified Bluediamond F-750 is.  Just another toy for the "idle rich" of Brazil I guess.  As for the Cargo, I would believe they are still building them in the Ford Brazil plant.  There was announcement after  Ford announced they were ceasing production at that facility, that a large Ford dealer was going to continue to build the trucks under some sort of license agreement with Ford.

Today however I read something about a Chinese company taking it over.  Shocker huh?

11 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

Cargo is still made in Turkey and is also made in China for JMC.

JMC Heavy Duty Vehicles is part of JMC and builds Ford based trucks for the Chinese market under their own label. Interesting to see that JMC also builds E-Series Ford van for the Chinese market....

http://auto-che.com/v/jx/jx5040xxypsh-171-ford-e-series.html

image.png.678a64bb350d5b1dcd09a67d67ab1182.png

On 4/20/2019 at 5:26 AM, twintornados said:

JMC Heavy Duty Vehicles is part of JMC and builds Ford based trucks for the Chinese market under their own label. Interesting to see that JMC also builds E-Series Ford van for the Chinese market....

http://auto-che.com/v/jx/jx5040xxypsh-171-ford-e-series.html

image.png.678a64bb350d5b1dcd09a67d67ab1182.png

It's a bit confusing... JMC is both the abbreviation for Jiangling Motors Corp, and the brand JMC, which is Ford's low cost commercial vehicle brand in China.

Jiangling Motors is the company and it sells JMC (pick up trucks and vans), JMC Heavy (Otosan and Isuzu based heavy and medium duty trucks), Yusheng (SUV) and Ford (Everest, Transit, E-series).

Jiangling Motors is a JV between Ford and Jiangling.

Because JMC is part of Jiangling Motors (not Jiangling), it is considered a Ford brand. Ford includes JMC sales in its Chinese and worldwide sales. The E-series is imported from the US. Jiangling Ford does local upfit to change it to ambulance or armor car.

https://www.jmc.com.cn/en

Edited by bzcat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...