Is Ranger production better than 400 per day yet?

Started talking about my explorer ST on order and he brings up the rangers.. mentions they are going 24 hours a day production to keep up with demand lmao.  I responded, well they are doing under 400 a day with 1 shift lol..  

OK, I don't want to sound like I'm defending the sales guy, but if we didn't have an "insider" like Fuzzymoomoo on the payroll, how does anyone PROVE what shifts a plant is running, how many per shift, etc?  Is this kind of information publicly shared somewhere?  I'm the first one to call out BS, but I need proof behind my call out.

Thanks, HRG

12 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Started talking about my explorer ST on order and he brings up the rangers.. mentions they are going 24 hours a day production to keep up with demand lmao.  I responded, well they are doing under 400 a day with 1 shift lol..  

OK, I don't want to sound like I'm defending the sales guy, but if we didn't have an "insider" like Fuzzymoomoo on the payroll, how does anyone PROVE what shifts a plant is running, how many per shift, etc?  Is this kind of information publicly shared somewhere?  I'm the first one to call out BS, but I need proof behind my call out.

Thanks, HRG

You don't know for sure but you can extrapolate a lot based on production numbers.

The point here was that the salesman shouldn't be making those kinds of statements when he doesn't have the facts.  He was clearly making that up and you can tell that by the number or Rangers sold last month.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Thanks, HRG

Ford does not share production information publicly. I can't even find anything about it on the dealer portal. I've looked. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

11 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Thanks, HRG

Regardless of whether we have an insider, the FACTS remain Ford is only doing 1 shift and 400+ a day.  It does not matter if I am an outsider...  he doesnt need to make crap up to fluff his product   To say he read Ford is doing 24 hours is ridiculous.  I had 2 of them trying to tell me Atlas Blue isnt new and he was shocked about the pui having a hybrid drivetrain.  

Edited by blwnsmoke

11 hours ago, akirby said:

You don't know for sure but you can extrapolate a lot based on production numbers.

The point here was that the salesman shouldn't be making those kinds of statements when he doesn't have the facts.  He was clearly making that up and you can tell that by the number or Rangers sold last month.

To add, he said there were 1,500 backorders (whatever that means)...  so apparently it requires 24 hour production for 1,500 backorders.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

It will take the commercial and government orders to get the sales numbers up in the 8-10k.

These early months it's hard to predict but signs are good, Ford kicking ip production is a good sign but maybe they'll keep inventory tight for a while.

2 hours ago, 2005Explorer said:

So I read one time it takes about 18-20 hours depending on the model from the first weld to a vehicle driving off the assembly line completed. Is that still about right?

I don't think the line is moving at full speed quite yet, though I could be wrong about that. Sounds about right though. 

9 hours ago, bluerangerlariat said:

@fuzzymoomoo @wildosvt was wondering if the Ranger production numbers have improved anymore at MAP?  I have one scheduled for the week of the 11th and am curious.

Yes we are getting there. Way better than before. My understanding is the line has running at full speed. Various issues always arise in production. Recently we have been 50 away from the projected number on good days. Which is pretty damn good considering how things have been. 

Does anyone know what the line rate per hour the other Ranger plants run at? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, wildosvt said:

Yes we are getting there. Way better than before. My understanding is the line has running at full speed. Various issues always arise in production. Recently we have been 50 away from the projected number on good days. Which is pretty damn good considering how things have been. 

Does anyone know what the line rate per hour the other Ranger plants run at? 

Thank you, I know your weather has been crappy so be careful.