Just in from MA

Zooks527

Good morning.

Just joined the forum from Mansfield, MA.  Getting back into a Mustang after 41 years away, when I endo'd my 1970 Mach 1 on the way home from work one day.  Sitting here with a 2019 Mustang GT someplace in the queue.

Owned a few different cars over the last 43 years.  Started out with a 1967 BelAir wagon, moved on through a 1968 LeMans Tempest, the aforementioned 1970 Mustang Mach 1, a 1972 El Dorado with the 8.2 liter V8, and a 1978 Corvette.  In 1981, commuting in bad weather became an issue, so I picked up a 1981 Subaru GL wagon 4WD, moved to a 1983 S10 Blazer 4x4 (an absolute pig with the base 4 cylinder), and then a 1985 Bronco 4x4 with the 5 liter FI V8.  I kept that one for just about 12 years, moving to a 1996 Bronco 4x4 when a young lady paying more attention to her radio than the road entered my yard and totalled the 1985 while it was parked.  Changes in commuting again led to a 2004 Passat 4motion (best vehicle I have ever driven in the snow when equipped with snow tires), followed by a 2009 BMW 335i xDrive E92 (which we picked up at the factory and took on vacation), and a 2015 BMW M235i xDrive F22. 

Buying a 2005 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 with 170k miles a few years back moved the BMW to a weekend car, but as I'd set it up for daily driving (automatic and AWD), I started wanting something else for the weekends.  After driving a few options (most interesting was the Miata which, as we passed an 18 wheeler on the highway, prodded my wife into commenting "Buy whatever you want, but I will never get into one of these again!"), I placed the order for the 2019 GT with most of the toys, but with 3 pedals for the weekend.  The Tacoma is staying for the daily grind, but we're looking forward to the GT on our days off!

1 hour ago, Zooks527 said:

Good morning.

Just joined the forum from Mansfield, MA.  Getting back into a Mustang after 41 years away, when I endo'd my 1970 Mach 1 on the way home from work one day.  Sitting here with a 2019 Mustang GT someplace in the queue.

Owned a few different cars over the last 43 years.  Started out with a 1967 BelAir wagon, moved on through a 1968 LeMans Tempest, the aforementioned 1970 Mustang Mach 1, a 1972 El Dorado with the 8.2 liter V8, and a 1978 Corvette.  In 1981, commuting in bad weather became an issue, so I picked up a 1981 Subaru GL wagon 4WD, moved to a 1983 S10 Blazer 4x4 (an absolute pig with the base 4 cylinder), and then a 1985 Bronco 4x4 with the 5 liter FI V8.  I kept that one for just about 12 years, moving to a 1996 Bronco 4x4 when a young lady paying more attention to her radio than the road entered my yard and totalled the 1985 while it was parked.  Changes in commuting again led to a 2004 Passat 4motion (best vehicle I have ever driven in the snow when equipped with snow tires), followed by a 2009 BMW 335i xDrive E92 (which we picked up at the factory and took on vacation), and a 2015 BMW M235i xDrive F22. 

Buying a 2005 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 with 170k miles a few years back moved the BMW to a weekend car, but as I'd set it up for daily driving (automatic and AWD), I started wanting something else for the weekends.  After driving a few options (most interesting was the Miata which, as we passed an 18 wheeler on the highway, prodded my wife into commenting "Buy whatever you want, but I will never get into one of these again!"), I placed the order for the 2019 GT with most of the toys, but with 3 pedals for the weekend.  The Tacoma is staying for the daily grind, but we're looking forward to the GT on our days off!

Welcome aboard!  good luck with the GT!