What would you like to see in a new contract that isnt a pie in the sky idea

bustedknuckles

I think we need to do something to help our retirees.  After all, they are the ones that fought to get us what we have today.  We have been ignoring them over for years, and that's just not right.

I also believe that our newer members have gotten a pretty raw deal, with not having retirement or medical when they retire.  I know that's not going to change, but I feel that it should.  We should never have accepted two tier wages and benefits.  Unfortunately, at some point in the future, that decision may come back to bite all of us in the hind end.

• Like 1

Tranfer options. The ability to sign up for an available opening at other Ford locations outside of zone. No transfer money included and get in-plant seniority date upon arrival. Example: I live in Missouri and a hardship requires me to be in Michigan. I could sign a “available transfer opening’. If and when a spot opens, I receive a start date and new seniority date in that facility. That’s all.

A raise to our "LIFE INCOME BENEFIT"!!!

We haven't had a raise to our retirement's "Life Income Benefit" for about 15-20 years.  This is the dollar unit for every year that you work.  It is somewhere just shy of $50 a unit so you multiply your years of service times the "Life Income Benefit" number.  This has been the same dollar amount for too long now and doesn't even come close to keeping up with inflation.  As a comparison Social Security gave a $60 a month raise on benefits this year.  

• Like 3

23 hours ago, pmooret said:

A raise to our "LIFE INCOME BENEFIT"!!!

We haven't had a raise to our retirement's "Life Income Benefit" for about 15-20 years.  This is the dollar unit for every year that you work.  It is somewhere just shy of $50 a unit so you multiply your years of service times the "Life Income Benefit" number.  This has been the same dollar amount for too long now and doesn't even come close to keeping up with inflation.  As a comparison Social Security gave a $60 a month raise on benefits this year.  

Good luck with that........I bitched about that 2 contracts ago and everybody thought I was crazy.............. I'm retired now and after all this time you'll have the same benefit I have, and I have the same as retirees 10 years before me........... 

Have our Unicare to pay from day one if you have outpatient surgery.  I have hip replacement surgery scheduled and thanks to advancements in medicine/science the newer procedure is done on an outpatient basis but I will still be off for about two months.  In the old days I would have been admitted to the hospital for the procedure and Unicare would pay from day one.  Now that it is an outpatient procedure I believe that they don't pay until week two.  

• Like 1

Getting back what we once had, like our Xmas bonus and something real added to pensions which has been ignored for years would be a good start.

I would be happy to get the same deal / increase the IUAW voted themselves percentage wise but we all know that is never going to happen, LOL!