Jimmy Johnson Wins The Clash

bobbyd

I wonder what everyone thinks about Johnson winning the clash that only 3 cars survived the damage! According to Johnson, he said: "I'm not sure what caused Menard's car to WOBBLE...... " I have a good idea who caused the wreck...along with Darrel Waltrip.....however, I noticed Jeffrey Gordon (Rick's adopted son) repeating that Menard clearly came down which collected the Johnson and created the crash!

Menard came down a little bit to catch his car from spinning out when JJ's car took the down force away on the side draft.  Any driver would have done the same thing. JJ didn't leave any room for error. Guess not running up front last year caused him to be a little rusty on how to drive up front.

1 hour ago, coupe3w said:

Menard came down a little bit to catch his car from spinning out when JJ's car took the down force away on the side draft.  Any driver would have done the same thing. JJ didn't leave any room for error. Guess not running up front last year caused him to be a little rusty on how to drive up front.

He's always been garbage at the plate tracks. His saving grace has been having rockets for cars keeping him at the front. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2019 at 11:38 AM, fuzzymoomoo said:

He's always been garbage at the plate tracks. His saving grace has been having rockets for cars keeping him at the front. 

Seems like the Hendrick cars have had good single car speed the last few years but they don't play well when they get close to other cars. They are putting too much emphasis on winning the pole. Unfortunately, plate racing is all about pack racing which means your car needs to handle well in that pack. Hendrick cars obviously do not. Oh, and that might explain why Knaus never let JJ practice with other cars...

Edited by blksn8k2