New Facebook Pages

Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Wheeling

Questions for the Aviator

I was reading the specs for the new Aviator and have some confusions.

The regular Aviator has five drive modes and the GT gets additional two, Pure EV and Preserve. Easy to understand. But what if I want to use the power of both engines,  which mode should be used?

Another issue is the adaptive suspension comes standard with AWD. What is the difference with the standard suspension?  This is not the air glider suspension, right?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Wheeling said:

I was reading the specs for the new Aviator and have some confusions.

The regular Aviator has five drive modes and the GT gets additional two, Pure EV and Preserve. Easy to understand. But what if I want to use the power of both engines,  which mode should be used?

Another issue is the adaptive suspension comes standard with AWD. What is the difference with the standard suspension?  This is not the air glider suspension, right?

Thanks.

I would expect that. "Excite" mode would give you the most power.  However, normal should also give you both.

Excite gives you both ICE and battery power at the same time for ludicrous speed.   I expect Normal would switch between battery and ICE for maximum fuel economy like a regular hybrid.

Adaptive suspension changes the shock tuning electronically.