Ford investing $1 billion into Chicago assembly and stamping

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

That thing looks good in that blue.

Very much agree. I'm not wild about crossovers/SUVs, but this looks good enough to make me actually want one.

Although I'm not a fan of this trend to black-painted wheels. Unfortunately, Honda and Acura are doing this, too.

Edited by grbeck

On 2/8/2019 at 4:30 AM, fuzzymoomoo said:

Sounds like someone is a major shit stirrer. You’re getting a new body and paint shop. 

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/2019/02/07/ford-chicago-jobs-explorer-lincoln-aviator/2801585002/

just on the new body and paint shop, does that mean  higher production volumes if required?

https://www.autonews.com/manufacturing/ford-invests-1-billion-chicago-plants-will-add-500-jobs

The plants will be retooled for added capacity beginning next month for the 2020 model-year vehicles. Planned upgrades include a new body and paint shop, as well as new stamping lines, Ford said in a statement last Thursday

Ford will invest $40 million on employee-focused improvements, including new LED lights, a better cafeteria, new break areas and parking lot security guards.

The work will wrap up in the spring, Ford said.

"Today, we are furthering our commitment to America with this billion dollar manufacturing investment in Chicago and 500 more good-paying jobs," Joe Hinrichs, Ford's president of global operations, said in a statement. "We reinvented the Explorer from the ground up, and this investment will further strengthen Ford's SUV market leadership."

Edited by jpd80