Chicago Auto Show

Just back from the Chicago Auto Show. Explorer really has a presence in person I didn’t get in photos. I really hate that Ford locks near production models. Couldn’t sit in Explorer or Aviator, last year couldn’t sit in Ranger, year prior Expedition.  I don’t think their display has changed for years.

I did really like the Ranger. 

I was was surprised how much I liked the Jeep Gladiator.

Gladiator and Ranger (and Mustang) are in the running for when I replace the Flex. 

15 hours ago, akirby said:

Auto shows are going the way of automotive magazines.  Nobody really cares that much any more.

It sucks, I always love kicking the tires on all the models - from "my" brand and all the others.  I'm not going to criss-cross town to different dealers to check out models from all brands just to see them.

17 hours ago, akirby said:

Auto shows are going the way of automotive magazines.  Nobody really cares that much any more.

I don't think Auto Shows are going away, I think they are transforming into something more interactive, fun, and slowly but surely technology driving. I'm excited to see what Detroit does with the Spring/Summer NAIAS next year that will expand out into public streets. And just an FYI, the NAIAS was down about 35k visitors this year to about 770k visitors, however the opening weekend saw 33k less visitors amidst a major snow storm that weekend. I went opening weekend and it was COLD and roads were shit everywhere. 

1 hour ago, Willwll313wll said:

I don't think Auto Shows are going away, I think they are transforming into something more interactive, fun, and slowly but surely technology driving. I'm excited to see what Detroit does with the Spring/Summer NAIAS next year that will expand out into public streets. And just an FYI, the NAIAS was down about 35k visitors this year to about 770k visitors, however the opening weekend saw 33k less visitors amidst a major snow storm that weekend. I went opening weekend and it was COLD and roads were shit everywhere. 

Probably true to some degree but folks prefer to see a lot of that stuff online now.   With attendance being down more and more mfrs are opting out of the shows.   You'll probably see more of that stuff at CES and other shows.