First 2019 Ranger Recall

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2019-ford-ranger-recall-shifter-interlock/

The 2019 Ford Ranger is undoubtedly one of the new model year's most hotly anticipated new trucks. But just as the first wave of these new midsize pickups are arriving at dealers, the model is already finding itself under recall for a potential shifter interlock problem.

Ford announced Wednesday that the wiring from the truck's PRNDL shifter bezel (which displays what gear the transmission is in) could prevent the shifter interlock override from operating properly. As a result, it may be able to shift the automatic transmission "out of park with the vehicle off and without a foot on the brake pedal." While Ford doesn't spell it out, that means the vehicle could be inadvertently left in neutral, creating a rollaway risk.

The recall campaign covers around 3,500 Ranger pickups in North America, including around 3,000 units in the US and a further 500 in Canada.

1 hour ago, 92merc said:

A whole 3500 units have gone out.  We're not talking GM ignition fire here.

This is why a slow ramp up is good.  Problems discovered early.  Fixes issued early.  Not waiting 10 years and going "Opps".

Unless you are one of the 3,500.  :(

21 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Would it be something that could be addressed in conjunction with first service?

I bring my stuff in on the weekends for service usually.  My dealer only does service on the weekends.  But, there's another dealer (which I loathe) close to my work, so I guess I'm going to have to use them or take a day off to use my dealer of choice.  Not complaining.  It not like I wasn't at the dealer every other week with my Focus.  ?

• Like 1