F150 Electric Spied

17 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

From a pretty decent source, there will probably be an announcement in New York about the electric F-150, and a current version with electric powertrain may be shown. Ford wants to show Wall Street in person that they are taking the threat seriously and that this will be on the Market in the next 2 years. Ford is losing the PR war on Electric Vehicles and management is very concerned about others entering into the pickup truck market and Ford losing the idea they lead the industry in pickup trucks. 

Amazon has now bought into Rivian, GM rumored to be not far behind:  http://www.thedetroitbureau.com/2019/02/amazon-becoming-lead-investor-in-rivian/#more-133776

Ford really do need to step up in the PR game here, they can't afford to mess around with the crown jewels.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

The statement was that Mach E would be ON SALE later this year.   That's too early.  We might see a concept later this year though.

Been trying to find articles where I had seen what was said at the NAIAS where it would be available later this year but now can't find the ones I saw. Perhaps they meant that it would be revealed later this year (meaning LA Auto Show as others think too) and then go on sale in 2020. But they do need to get it to market as soon as possible though but I understand their current constraints.

5 minutes ago, pffan1990 said:

Been trying to find articles where I had seen what was said at the NAIAS where it would be available later this year but now can't find the ones I saw. Perhaps they meant that it would be revealed later this year (meaning LA Auto Show as others think too) and then go on sale in 2020. But they do need to get it to market as soon as possible though but I understand their current constraints.

All the articles said available in 2020 so you probably got that confused with Model Year 2020.

They don't really have to rush it to market.  This will still be a niche vehicle with limited profitability.  It will be a good PR move and bragging rights but I don't see it affecting the bottom line as much as hybrid utilities and pickups.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, pffan1990 said:

I'm pretty sure Hackett said it would be seen this year. Same with Bronco. I just can't remember if it was at NAIAS or a different press event sometime during that week. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, akirby said:

All the articles said available in 2020 so you probably got that confused with Model Year 2020.

They don't really have to rush it to market.  This will still be a niche vehicle with limited profitability.  It will be a good PR move and bragging rights but I don't see it affecting the bottom line as much as hybrid utilities and pickups.

That could be it. That it would be shown later this year (concept form perhaps) and then go on sale in 2020 CY as 2021 MY. But it did appear as if they are speeding things up according to how it was all said at NAIAS and in the articles I've read. Just can't find them now since there were so many of them.

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I'm pretty sure Hackett said it would be seen this year. Same with Bronco. I just can't remember if it was at NAIAS or a different press event sometime during that week. 

Yeah, that's what I had thought he said. Maybe he means the Concept form of Mach-E and then production version shown and go on sale next year. I did see a video with Kumar Galhotra about Bronco and he said that it would not be shown this year. There are at least two video interviews he did and the one with him sitting on couch/chair is the one I'm talking about here. I'm thinking 2020 Detroit Auto Show in June of 2020 for the Bronco. He did say in another video interview (where he was standing in what looks like hallway) that he smiled when he saw the Bronco that was shown to him so it must be very good.