Bronco news?

I couldn't find the other threads on Bronco, so I made a new one.....

I don't know if any of this is accurate, but someone over at Bronco6g.com made this post:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/index.php?threads/u725-2021-my-ford-bronco-information.579/

There are a lot of misconceptions and silly false truths regarding the Bronco, let's put those to rest.
  • Program Code: U725
  • Job 1 Date is December 2020
  • 2021 Model Year
  • V6, 2.3L Ecoboost
  • 10-Speed Automatic, Getrag Manual
  • FAA/AA1 was reached several months ago, meaning final exterior design was settled on.
  • FDJ/PA was completed by November 2018, meaning final design was frozen for production and now prod. grade in execution.
  • April 2019 are when the first VP1s come off pilot plan, meaning spy shots are coming by May.
  • Launch date is January 2021, possibly Feb 2021
  • Development began in 2015
  • New T6 basis, being developed in Australia. U725 Bronco top-hat in Dearborn, MI

I am not sure what has been going on with these absurd "news" reports from lazy and obtuse writers, but it is obvious the next F-150 will launch before the Bronco due in January 2021. Off-Road magazine was actually referring to the facelift P558 Super Duty, which will be unveiled soon for MY 2020. That will be replaced by MY 2023 with P708.

The next Ranger (P703), not the latest P375N will use the frame of the new Bronco, in some 33-36 months. The P703 launch is tenative for late 2021-22. That will offer the Ranger Raptor for USDM, the P375N was not developed with the Raptor in mind. P703 will be.

What I do know is, a reveal cannot be more than 18 months before market launch in January 2021. You'll not be seeing it without camouflage until next year, but you will start seeing them test soon. (Ditto for P702 F-Series)

The Bronco as of August 2016, had a scheduled start of production date of July 1, 2020. At that time, the P375N had a November 1, 2018 production date. At the 2017 NAIAS press conference, it was highlighted production of the USDM Ranger would begin in late 2018 for introduction "in 2019" and Bronco "in 2020".

Verification prototypes will be completed in April at the pilot plant, but currently U725 parts for prototyping are being procured.

In the end, the 2019.5 Ranger was on time with everything. Sadly the U725 is not on time and so far, about 5 months behind schedule. Production is due to begin in Wayne Michigan, in December 2020. Units will arrive at Ford showrooms starting in January 2021. Launch can reach up to February 2021. Originally launch was supposed to be around Labor Day 2020, after SOP around July 1, 2020. That will not happen anymore, but styling is finally done and no more changes as of November.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Aside from the hybrid news Assimilator dropped before vanishing most of this I've been telling you guys for months, but no, don't listen to me! ;) 

I'm still disappointed in the hybrid being dropped.

---

I'm guessing we'll see a Detroit 2020 (June) unveil of this?

Think they'll do an F-150-Bronco side-by-side reveal?

Edited by rmc523

25 minutes ago, ausrutherford said:

Ford said last month that all utilities are going hybrid.

Who is to say Ford launches the 2.3 eco boost and a 2.3 hybrid both in it?

Because the 2.3 won't be used for ANY hybrid drivetrains 

i also heard independently that the Bronco Hybrid is dead due to cost cuts. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

Job 1 date for Bronco has not changed since start of project, so it is not late, just the expectation pf people knowing too much too early.

This is an example of what could happen if say, Jim Hackett started saying too much about projects way off in the future....

Fields was wrong to talk  about Bronco so early because it sets up this very "are we there yet, are we there yet" situation....

Edited by jpd80

5 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Job 1 date for Bronco has not changed since start of project, so it is not late, just the expectation pf people knowing too much too early.

It did change though. It changed when the decision was made to use the NG Ranger frame. Was originally supposed to be Q4 2019. It was even outlined in the 2015 UAW Contract. 

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Because the 2.3 won't be used for ANY hybrid drivetrains 

i also heard independently that the Bronco Hybrid is dead due to cost cuts. 

Is dead as in it won't ever show up, or it will show up as a MCE when the New Ranger Launches with a Hybrid?

4 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It did change though. It changed when the decision was made to use the NG Ranger frame. Was originally supposed to be Q4 2019. It was even outlined in the 2015 UAW Contract. 

But not included under Product Commitment, on pages 7 and 8 of the linked pdf....https://uaw.org/app/uploads/2015/11/reducedFINAL-FORD-HOURLY-11-9-15-1229p-FINAL-with-numbers-p24-headings-page-6-charts-p25.pdf

I don't intend to contradict what has been dscussed and announced at that time but isn't it strange that Bronco or Ranger wasn't included under the life of the Contract?

That would suggest that if any timing change happened, t was well before Nov 2015 and the final product commitments...

Edited by jpd80

18 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

But not included under Product Commitment, on pages 7 and 8 of the linked pdf....https://uaw.org/app/uploads/2015/11/reducedFINAL-FORD-HOURLY-11-9-15-1229p-FINAL-with-numbers-p24-headings-page-6-charts-p25.pdf

I don't intend to contradict what has been dscussed and announced at that time but isn't it strange that Bronco or Ranger wasn't included under the life of the Contract?

That would suggest that if any timing change happened, t was well before Nov 2015 and the final product commitments...

What are you talking about? It says very clearly new product added to Michigan Assembly in 2018 (Ranger). Additional product planned BY 2020 (Bronco). This was confirmed to me when I was transferred back from Flat Rock in June 2016 by one of the UAW Bargaining reps privy to the launch plan. He is the one Union rep in that building who I trust to give accurate information and he is now the Final plant chairman.

Somewhere between then and now the plan was changed. 

069E9EF0-ED87-469E-A4A3-7D388AEB4F9B.jpeg

I was looking for where it said Bronco before 2020.....If anything changed, then it must have been before Nov 2015, yes?

Otherwise it would have been on the Product commitment...when was it actually green lighted?  Answer late 2016

If there were any plans formulated before that time, then that knowledge would have been confined to very few people..

Was originally supposed to be Q4 2019. It was even outlined in the 2015 UAW Contract. 

They actually said no later than 2020....

Edited by jpd80

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Yes, which when I came back to MAP in June 2016 was confirmed to me to be Q4 2019

The only way to get an  SUV  12 months after Ranger  is a reworked Everest and that was never the plan as Gen 1 was already finished..

Edited by jpd80

9 hours ago, akirby said:

Probably just a time/resource issue.  I’m sure it will show up as a MCE.

Thats what I was figuring-I'd like to get one, but I'd rather not take the bite in the ass value wise with trading in say a 10 year old car vs a 8 year old car, but then again I'm not exactly keen on buying a first year vehicle either.

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Thats what I was figuring-I'd like to get one, but I'd rather not take the bite in the ass value wise with trading in say a 10 year old car vs a 8 year old car, but then again I'm not exactly keen on buying a first year vehicle either.

That's pretty much what happened to me. I kept the Sport Trac until I knew the Ranger wasn't going to fit my needs. Had Ford brought the T6 Ranger here six or seven years ago I probably would have traded the Sport Trac for one and then when my needs changed a few years after that I might have traded up to the F-150 I have now. As it was I kept the Trac for twelve years and Ford probably lost an extra sale.

On Wednesday, February 06, 2019 at 10:31 AM, blksn8k2 said:

That's pretty much what happened to me. I kept the Sport Trac until I knew the Ranger wasn't going to fit my needs. Had Ford brought the T6 Ranger here six or seven years ago I probably would have traded the Sport Trac for one and then when my needs changed a few years after that I might have traded up to the F-150 I have now. As it was I kept the Trac for twelve years and Ford probably lost an extra sale.

Ford didn't lose anything.

For everything they do to appease you, they lost a sale to some other armchair CEO.

Edited by J-150

13 hours ago, J-150 said:

Ford didn't lose anything.

For everything they do to appease you, they lost a sale to some other armchair CEO.

Really. Ford, along with the other domestic manufacturers, made every possible effort to kill the midsize truck market because they wanted to force customers to buy what they wanted to sell - full size trucks. I get it they make much greater profits that way but they didn't make a single penny from me for years and probably thousands of other potential buyers who kept what they had or went elsewhere (Toyota) to get what they needed. When they finally did decide to get back into the mid-size market they made a half-assed effort by bringing a nearly ten year old design to North America with the base engine from the Mustang. Not impressed. It smacks of still being afraid to lose a single F-series sale to themselves.