New Facebook Pages

Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
IMSA-XJR9

Ford launches the Supercars Mustang

https://www.motorsport.com/v8supercars/news/ford-launches-the-supercars-mustang/4332820/

ford-mustang-supercar-1.jpg

Kay Hart, President and CEO of Ford Australia and New Zealand, added: “This is an historic moment.

“To see the project come together has been incredibly exciting for everyone involved, and today marks the start of Mustang’s 2019 season.

"Mustang belongs on the track and everyone at Ford and our fans have been waiting for this moment.”

The Mustang has been developed as a three-way joint venture, with DJRTP named as the official homologation partner, but both Tickford Racing in Melbourne and Ford Performance in the US heavily involved.

"I’m really proud of the team in North America, and I’m really proud of the team down in Australia,” said Ford Performance Motorsports Supervisor Brian Novak.

“We use the same processes to develop the Supercar that we do the NASCAR Mustang, that we do the Mustang GT4, that we do the NHRA Funny Car Mustang.

I think I just threw up a little bit.   OMG is that ugly.   Looks nothing like a mustang except the grille.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I think I just threw up a little bit.   OMG is that ugly.   Looks nothing like a mustang except the grille.

You need to get your eyes checked then....

Looks more like a Mustang than the NASCAR Mustang. 

19 minutes ago, CurtisH said:

Looks more like a Mustang than the NASCAR Mustang. 

The NASCAR "Mustang" is awful 

Either the driver sits really low in the car or that windshield is a helluva lot easier to see out of than it looks.