Ford launches the Supercars Mustang

IMSA-XJR9

https://www.motorsport.com/v8supercars/news/ford-launches-the-supercars-mustang/4332820/

ford-mustang-supercar-1.jpg

Kay Hart, President and CEO of Ford Australia and New Zealand, added: “This is an historic moment.

“To see the project come together has been incredibly exciting for everyone involved, and today marks the start of Mustang’s 2019 season.

"Mustang belongs on the track and everyone at Ford and our fans have been waiting for this moment.”

The Mustang has been developed as a three-way joint venture, with DJRTP named as the official homologation partner, but both Tickford Racing in Melbourne and Ford Performance in the US heavily involved.

"I’m really proud of the team in North America, and I’m really proud of the team down in Australia,” said Ford Performance Motorsports Supervisor Brian Novak.

“We use the same processes to develop the Supercar that we do the NASCAR Mustang, that we do the Mustang GT4, that we do the NHRA Funny Car Mustang.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

c4bc80c887205aad9551d88adede6baa?width=6

V6 Supercars requires a controlled wheelbase of 112" which mean a 5" stretch for Mustang to the Falcon's wheelbase

Funny enough, the Zeta Commodores had to reduce wheelbase 2" but I think the current Insignia/Regal based Commodore is about right.

Here's last year's Falcon as comparison, they've basically turned the Mustang into a 2-door Falcon.

6343092f48c54537ab49287c840defad

Edited by jpd80