Where Is The IUAW?

Decker

#SaveOshawaGM

Unifor Canada

This Union is fighting. Do we? This union is communicating their message to the masses. Do we? This Union uses their dues to broadcast their message to the USA during our Super Bowel. Do we?

While Dennis and those other IUAW Rep`s sit in their cabins in the woods of our Black Lake using our boats, our golf course or sit in Vegas for over a month at a conference on our dues, do they really think their methods are what the union was put in place for?

The sheep dogs do not. When will the membership of the UAW stop being sheep?

Please take a minute to watch "Flight against Corporate Greed" then ask yourselves what did we give? What will we be asked to give this September?  
Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

But isn't that Flex-N-Gate plant represented by the UAW?

HRG

I honestly don't know. It's a brand new plant they built in Detroit specifically for the Ranger. 

Thats not the point. That's work that we used to have for Focus and C-Max. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

54 minutes ago, Sterling Archer said:

Or how about giving the Axle for the Ranger and the Bronco to Dana, when they have a perfectly good ALXE plant in Sterling Heights? You would think it would be cheaper to build those axles at Sterling Axle since they are a 2 tier plant.

As much as it sucks, I would think that's more of a capacity issue rather than straight up being cheap. 

Sterling is only around 70 % capacity so that is not the reason. There is still alot of empty space and more each and every day. They are removing all of the outdated equipment and trying to find new work to put in the empty spaces. Its not like we do not have the manpower. We just got 80 people from VanDyke and another 80 coming in the next few weeks.

Its pretty bad when VanDyke has a jumbo banner posted outside the plant saying they are the " assembly plant of the year " for 2018 and they are basically down to one shift. If they are the plant of the year then why did Livonia get all of their jobs?

15 minutes ago, Sterling Archer said:

Sterling is only around 70 % capacity so that is not the reason. There is still alot of empty space and more each and every day. They are removing all of the outdated equipment and trying to find new work to put in the empty spaces. Its not like we do not have the manpower. We just got 80 people from VanDyke and another 80 coming in the next few weeks.

Its pretty bad when VanDyke has a jumbo banner posted outside the plant saying they are the " assembly plant of the year " for 2018 and they are basically down to one shift. If they are the plant of the year then why did Livonia get all of their jobs?

It was just a theory. I guess it is just ford being cheap ?

As far as Van Dyke is concerned, what do they even build there anymore since all of their stuff is getting phased out?

From what I hear from the people coming to Sterling from VanDyke is they are going down to 1 shift. They only have 1 line running. That is what is keeping the doors open. I really hope they get some new work in the next contract or that Ford gets their head out of their asses and keeps building at least some small cars. I cant believe they are getting rid of the Fusion and Focus. You see them EVERYWHERE !!!!! I understand that they are not as profitable as trucks and SUV's but incase anyone has noticed the price of gas is going back up. Once it gets above $ 3 per gallon I think we are going to start and see the small car sales start to pick up again. Especially if our piece of crap governor gets her $ .45 gasoline tax she wants. But hey. Keep voting Democrat and following the union like a bunch of sheeple instead of doing some research on the canditates and making informed decisions.

Edited by Sterling Archer

yeah as if republicans care about the working class.

On 3/17/2019 at 6:08 PM, Sterling Archer said:

From what I hear from the people coming to Sterling from VanDyke is they are going down to 1 shift. They only have 1 line running. That is what is keeping the doors open. I really hope they get some new work in the next contract or that Ford gets their head out of their asses and keeps building at least some small cars. I cant believe they are getting rid of the Fusion and Focus. You see them EVERYWHERE !!!!! I understand that they are not as profitable as trucks and SUV's but incase anyone has noticed the price of gas is going back up. Once it gets above $ 3 per gallon I think we are going to start and see the small car sales start to pick up again. Especially if our piece of crap governor gets her $ .45 gasoline tax she wants. But hey. Keep voting Democrat and following the union like a bunch of sheeple instead of doing some research on the canditates and making informed decisions.

1 hour ago, Decker said:

G-D Dam It Fuzzy this shit has to stop!!!!

Are there any transferrers available? CAP is the a shithole morale wise but if can deal with the stupid epidemic, you could get the money here.   

Nope. 

This is why nobody wanted to go to body. We all knew we would all be extras until the Bronco launches, which BTW the union still insists is happening this year. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Where is Gary Jones,that rascal?"I need a stripper to light my cigar,Hey babay do you who I am"?"Wanna make a little extra $$$$"?Meantime some hard working stiff is  showing up at a plant,starting a shift at 5 a.m.Hey MOTHER FUCKER IUAW BE GLAD YOU AINT IN PRISON YET!

Edited by Fatso
  • Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 8:37 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

How about the company shipping 70% of the Stamping and sub-assembly work for both the Ranger AND Bronco to Flex-N-Gate and the Union doesn't even try. 

If they are paying union dues you already know the answer.........

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In stead of where is the UAW, maybe a better question...... what will be Organized Labor`s Future?

After reading and following a PHD (former autoworker) Thomas Adams, I`m wondering if there is going to be a UAW. This is a view from Thomas Adams, one of us, give it a read those non-sheep might be wondering if there is life after the FBI, IRS and Labor Department investigation for the UAW?

“Labor concessions and the labor-management cooperation schemes have delivered the workforce GM demanded in the 1983 Warren strategy. UAW contracts conceded multiple wage-layered workers— First-tier “legacy” workers with full wages and benefits, second-tier workers with lower wages and benefits, third-party employer workers, temporary workers, long-term temporary workers, temporary flex workers, and contractors. The GM Lake Orion plant assembles the Chevrolet Sonic, a small car that is designed in South Korea. Most of the Sonic is built in South Korea, packed into containers as “car kits,” and shipped to the Lake Orion plant where it is assembled by a variety of multi-tier workers.40 Lake Orion Assembly was a jointly conceived laboratory for GM’s factory of the future.”

“The portrayal of jointness as a mutually beneficial strategy belies the outcome of thirty-seven years of the U.S. Big Three-UAW partnership. Jointness did nothing to prevent a 75 percent reduction of UAW-represented workers and the reversal of most of the bargaining gains from the Walter Reuther era. The rebranding of joint programs from Quality of Work Life to Quality Network or from Quality Network to Global Manufacturing System (GMS) did not alter the fact there were over 440,000 workers at GM before the UAW partnered with the carmaker and approximately 50,000 GM remain today. The deception of UAW Inc. was well-illustrated when GM reported $10.8 billion in U.S. profits in 2018 but announced the shutting down of five North American factories—four in the United States, including the historic Lordstown assembly complex.”

“The joint training centers were fertile ground for corruption because of the lack of accountability for the hundreds of millions of dollars that flowed from the Big Three through the training centers to the UAW. The theft of $4.5 million from the NTC almost seems charming when compared to the potential for corruption presented by the $61 billion UAW Retiree Medical Benefits Trust. Between 2009 and 2017 functional expenses in excess of $200 million annually for the trust have been reported to the IRS under the category of “other.” The Medical Trust headquarters occupy the entire top floor UAW-GM Center for Human Resources building in Detroit. General Holiefield, Norwood Jewell, and other UAW officials implicated in the training funds scandal are current or former directors of the training centers and the medical trust administrative committee.”

“Reforming the UAW from within is doubtful because the rank-and-file have neither power nor status to overcome the mainstream political machine. A grassroots movement is technically possible within the rules of the UAW Constitution, but the international union’s handling of the RUMs and NDM, demonstrates that the Administration Caucus will do anything to crush opposition. As the federal investigation into the training centers ensnares more UAW officials reform could be imposed on the union by the federal government as it did with the Teamsters. Unfortunately, it’s unlikely the interests of workers would be served better by government administrators than the Administration Caucus or the labor-management cooperation schemes of UAW Inc.  Organizing a new labor union may be the only solution.”

As anyone can see the VEBA is a part of the grand scheme. Two hundred Million Dollars a year goes to administrating the VEBA Trust and that amount claimed on the LM-2 in the IRS category as “other”. While Retiree`s pay more out of pocket co pays then any time in the UAW history for active or retired members.