OK. Ranger factory order submitted Feb. 1st. Let's see....

how long this will take to arrive at dealer.  I told salesman that as of now, the factory was making under 400 per day.  At that rate, it will be 2020 before it arrives.  He agreed with me about the slow production now but said he had info that the pace will go to 1200 per day very shortly.  My prediction will be very end of April or early May.  I hope it doesn't stretch out 'til JUNE!!

I also am waiting on an order. It is actually a dealer allocation stock order, but they made a couple changes to the order for me and it’s the Ranger I’m going to lease. It was put in around January 15th. I’m expecting it no sooner than April. My current lease is up on April 27th, but Ford Credit said I could ask for a lease extension if necessary.

I’m sure the pace of production will continue to increase and with Ford announcing massive overtime at the Ranger factory starting this month I think stock will start showing up at a quicker pace over the next 2-3 months. Maybe someone that has more insight into the Ranger production can chime in.

Edited by 2005Explorer

2 hours ago, ford-boy said:

He agreed with me about the slow production now but said he had info that the pace will go to 1200 per day very shortly. 

Not possible on one shift, and they aren't adding a second one any time soon. At peak Focus production the most we built in one shift that I can recall was around 650, and it took an extra 42 minutes tacked onto the end of the shift to get to that, something that can't happen right now because of scheduling rules in the UAW contract as long as they're working a 5x8 scheduled 10 hour shift. 

12 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Not possible on one shift, and they aren't adding a second one any time soon. At peak Focus production the most we built in one shift that I can recall was around 650, and it took an extra 42 minutes tacked onto the end of the shift to get to that, something that can't happen right now because of scheduling rules in the UAW contract as long as they're working a 5x8 scheduled 10 hour shift. 

So I’m guessing somewhere around 600 +/- a few is about what you can get to on one shift right now if everything is running smoothly?

Edited by 2005Explorer

32 minutes ago, 2005Explorer said:

So I’m guessing somewhere around 600 +/- a few is about what you can get to on one shift right now if everything is running smoothly?

10 hours used to get 605 with Focus production. Not sure what the end result will be for Ranger once everything is up to 100% but it's probably safe to say it will be somewhere around there. I think Dearborn gets about 670 (1 every 53 seconds) if everything goes smooth and as long as I've worked there MAP has NEVER run that fast. 

6 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

10 hours used to get 605 with Focus production. Not sure what the end result will be for Ranger once everything is up to 100% but it's probably safe to say it will be somewhere around there. I think Dearborn gets about 670 (1 every 53 seconds) if everything goes smooth and as long as I've worked there MAP has NEVER run that fast. 

680 in 10 hours is goal rate. It’s not uncommon to run 10.5 and push out 700+.  At least in Body Shop. 

32 minutes ago, muse3115 said:

You’re right. Final seems to run 650-670 per shift. That’s usually a 10.5 or 10.7

My entire time there before I got moved to body in August I don't remember getting past 650 very much, even at 10.5 or 10.7 and something tells me they won't be getting close to that any time soon. They've only gotten to 400 a couple of times so far.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

My entire time there before I got moved to body in August I don't remember getting past 650 very much, even at 10.5 or 10.7 and something tells me they won't be getting close to that any time soon. They've only gotten to 400 a couple of times so far.

They’ll get there, might take another month or two. Regardless, theres no way they’ll be building 1200 a day anytime soon. Considering Bronco hasn’t even debuted yet. It’s highly unlikely they’ll add another shift before Bronco production starts. Unless demand for Ranger is through the roof. Which I doubt, but hope for. 

1 hour ago, twintornados said:

I am looking at the different configurations for Ranger and I think a Job #2 option that would work would be a rubber floor option across the board. You can order an F150 King Ranch with a rubber floor option....

You can do that in the high trim superduties too