Industry Sales Number for January 2019

1 minute ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

That's not truly an increase in the grand scheme. That's a push, which as much as the sedan market is shrinking that's a big deal. 

Yeah, I'm just saying lol.

---

FWIW, I put this chart together using the numbers earlier in the thread, comparing them to last year's figures:

gYGWUC5.jpg

A few notes - I think PI sedan and utility are included in Taurus and Explorer numbers.

Also, heavy trucks weren't on that list, so I left last year's numbers out.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rmc523 said:

---

FWIW, I put this chart together using the numbers earlier in the thread, comparing them to last year's figures:

gYGWUC5.jpg

A few notes - I think PI sedan and utility are included in Taurus and Explorer numbers.

You know your spoiling us and we will be expecting this next month? LOL

20 hours ago, rmc523 said:

---

gYGWUC5.jpg

I appreciate the effort.  I really hate to nitpick, but at least one of you numbers are wrong.  The Ford GT sold 10 last year and 44 this year.  That’s a bit more than a 77.27% increase.  ?

3 hours ago, ANTAUS said:

You know your spoiling us and we will be expecting this next month? LOL

I'm more than happy to do it.  I'll play with numbers all day if it's something I'm interested in haha.  Any other variations you'd like, or a comparison/chart of specific models, I'm happy to do too, just ask.

53 minutes ago, CurtisH said:

I appreciate the effort.  I really hate to nitpick, but at least one of you numbers are wrong.  The Ford GT sold 10 last year and 44 this year.  That’s a bit more than a 77.27% increase.  ?

Whoops.  Looks like I used the wrong formula.

Here's the fixed version:

TrH0L7S.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/5/2019 at 3:05 PM, rmc523 said:

---

gYGWUC5.jpg

Not quite getting your % increase column. For instance, the GT going from 10 in January 2018 to 44 in January 2019 isn't a 77.27% increase, it is an increase of more than 4x, or over a 400% increase. Same, for instance, with the Lincoln MKT. Its year-over-year sales for January more than doubled from 123 to 327. That's more than a 100% increase, not a 62.39% increase. And looking at the overall % increase for Lincoln, the % increase from 6,410 to 7,715 is just a bit over 20%, not 16.92% (20% of 6410 is 1,282; add those numbers together and you get 7,692, still less than the 7,715 sold in January 2019).

Edited by Gurgeh

37 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

Not quite getting your % increase column. For instance, the GT going from 10 in January 2018 to 44 in January 2019 isn't a 77.27% increase, it is an increase of more than 4x, or over a 400% increase. Same, for instance, with the Lincoln MKT. Its year-over-year sales for January more than doubled from 123 to 327. That's more than a 100% increase, not a 62.39% increase. And looking at the overall % increase for Lincoln, the % increase from 6,410 to 7,715 is just a bit over 20%, not 16.92% (20% of 6410 is 1,282; add those numbers together and you get 7,692, still less than the 7,715 sold in January 2019).

Read the post right before yours.  He corrected the formulas.