Airbag news? I totally got the shaft today

So after my dealer basically lied to me last year, telling me there was no way to get a rental car while I waited for my airbag (Fusion '12),  I continued to call weekly for an update.  All I ever got was voicemail.  Then my husband finally called his salesman.  We were only then put on a wait list, and no word yet.  So, today I called Ford's customer care number.  They told me Ford discontinued the long term car rental program in December.  I asked then If this meant I just had to keep driving around in an unsafe vehicle for however long??  She said yes and goodbye, and hung up on me.  WOW.  We've been a Ford family for a very, very long time.  No more.  And the sad part is, I can't sell this car being unsafe.  I would seriously doubt they'd give me a fair price for it at the dealership, knowing it has to sit there till they can get airbags in.   So, I continue to drive a car that could disable or kill me if I get in a wreck where the airbag deploys.  And being in the Gulf South with a 6 year old car, my confidence in my faulty airbags is diminishing rapidly.    I'm sure there are others out there waiting too.......