My Thoughts on Autoshow

Having gone to almost every NAIAS since 90, I decided to take in the view on Saturday. I knew it would be the last winter one so I couldn't miss it. It was the saddest show I can remember. So much empty floor space. So many uninspiring displays. 

Bias aside, I really think Ford had the best setup this year. Trucks, SUV/CUV's and the Mustang. I really liked the Ranger setup with a lot of cool accessories. Lifted tent was a winner in my book. I got to actually sit in the Ranger. Impressed for the most part. Although, supercab is way to small for normal adults. Really liked seeing the Edge ST and Explorer ST in person. Cobra looked awesome, as expected. They even had a small course to drive the Explorer on. It by far had the most people packed in.

Lincoln had a nice display. The Navigator color combo was beautiful (blue/white). Aviator looked fantastic, and I predict will sell very well. Wish they had production versions to sit in.

Surprisingly, Toyota had a giant swath of the show floor and had a pretty good setup. I actually like the Supra much more in person. A little too many fake vents but design was solid. A few of the 4runner's they had were pretty nicely done. GM I thought totally mailed it, in every brand. Kia had a decent setup too. Really pushing their new SUV.

It by far was the quickest I went through. Got there at 12:30 and was out by 2:30. That was fine with me as we went to Green Dot for beer and sliders.

We'll see how next years goes, as these next couple of years will really determine the future of NAIAS.