Ordered: 2020 Aviator

3 hours ago, MissTwinkle said:

And me too :( I am getting standard floor console and not the full rear one. Contacted dealer and was told it was too late to change.

So the early bird does not get the worm?

If you ordered it, stock versions might come early with the revised console and then you could decide how important it is.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bellanca said:

Have you thought of ordering another? My dealer called me today, assuming to tell me my new build date but my phone cut out and I never got back in touch with him. 

Thinking about it but know that it will take at least several more weeks for a new one to arrive. Have they started making any yet?

3 hours ago, MissTwinkle said:

Thinking about it but know that it will take at least several more weeks for a new one to arrive. Have they started making any yet?

They have made thousands already.  Our first local shows at a carrier as of yesterday.  Delivery date slid one week on the first three.  

2 hours ago, mustangchief said:

They have made thousands already.  Our first local shows at a carrier as of yesterday.  Delivery date slid one week on the first three.  

Thank you for the update! Mine is supposed to be built June 17 so I guess I can expect it to be delivered late July? Still haven't decided if I'm going to order again with the full console instead....

1 hour ago, MissTwinkle said:

Thank you for the update! Mine is supposed to be built June 17 so I guess I can expect it to be delivered late July? Still haven't decided if I'm going to order again with the full console instead....

Have your Lincoln rep look it up and track it for you.  I've had cars/truck I've ordered show up in two weeks and once my Mustang took two months after it was built.  If it goes through the line clean and there is a transport waiting on a car or two, it can go really fast, or if the rail car just left and they are waiting for an autorack to fill up for your region, it can be painfully slow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mustangchief said:

Have your Lincoln rep look it up and track it for you.  I've had cars/truck I've ordered show up in two weeks and once my Mustang took two months after it was built.  If it goes through the line clean and there is a transport waiting on a car or two, it can go really fast, or if the rail car just left and they are waiting for an autorack to fill up for your region, it can be painfully slow.

Thank you!

20 minutes ago, crozdub115 said:

Ok thanks. Does this mean they aren't building any yet, or what is required for 'ok to buy' status? Not really sure how this whole process works. 

It mans they haven’t gone 5 days in a row with no problems to get the ok to buy status so they’re holding them at the plant.

3 hours ago, Bellanca said:

Haha yes and fingers crossed that there aren’t any delays. And why not ever for you?

$$$$  

Usually keep my cars for 7 - 10 years otherwise I can't afford them. 
I have the current one for 4 years this November, my wife just sent the last payment this week.
Now I can start saving for the down payment when the time comes.

I have to admit I am still more of a car guy than SUV/CUV, those are a bit top heavy for my liking.
But we'll see down the road.

7 hours ago, jniffen said:

$$$$  

Usually keep my cars for 7 - 10 years otherwise I can't afford them. 
I have the current one for 4 years this November, my wife just sent the last payment this week.
Now I can start saving for the down payment when the time comes.

I have to admit I am still more of a car guy than SUV/CUV, those are a bit top heavy for my liking.
But we'll see down the road.

Understandable; I haven’t had a SUV for a long time; and while I like my Continental I wanted something with the same luxuries but I need a bit more practicality; ideally I’d prefer Nautilus size but I just like the Aviator too much—maybe if the next generation Nautilus goes RWD I’ll pick one up. 

I visited my dealer to set up my order yesterday morning but will wait until the first of next week for the summer rebate program before finalizing. I went with the new silver radiance with sandstone interior (I turned 40 a couple of months ago but chose old man colours anyway) fully loaded gas model with full rear console and floor liners.  Just a hair under $87,000 CAD msrp.

I notice in the online literature the engine output is now listed at 400 hp and 415 lb.ft.  I recall it was 400/400 previously but I could be wrong.  I also noticed on the order printout that mine will be a Job 2 which hopefully means all the features listed on the website as “available later summer” should be in-built.  I’m hoping for mid-October delivery at this point which works out perfectly for my 2016 MKX lease end.

My office building sits off Interstate 94 west of Ann Arbor.... So I see car haulers throughout the day... Have been seeing many many haulers with 2020 explorers for weeks... 

This morning as I was walking in I saw my first hauler of Aviators go by... there are on the move!!

Edited by Hootsjxn
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hootsjxn said:

My office building sits off Interstate 94 west of Ann Arbor.... So I see car haulers throughout the day... Have been seeing many many haulers with 2020 explorers for weeks... 

This morning as I was walking in I saw my first hauler of Aviators go by... there are on the move!!

Yes! Hopefully mine is built by now and ready to get on a truck.

• 1 month later...