Ford wants to double 2019 operating profits, Hackett says

59 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Focus sales declined to 66,000 in China last year, even a new Focus isn't going to reverse that trend away from it. This is why Ford is going to Architectures, to move away from Focus being so important to cover platform costs. In order for Fiesta dn Focus to survive, they need to move to Spain. I know it's a real gut punch to find out that the two top sellers in Europe are not really profitable....

The Focus will at least be moving back to Valencia with the Mondeo/S-Max/Galaxy going away. Fiesta will not for at least 5 years due to the new contract they made about 2 years ago for this generation.

2 hours ago, falconlover 1 said:

If  Ford can´t make money on that,  Ford must close its business.

In the past 30 years, I will bet that Ford made profit in Europe of South America less than 10 times.

Brexit will have a big influence on the future of FoE !!

45 minutes ago, ausrutherford said:

Ford Europe can make money. They proved that in the late 2000s when it was saving Ford NA which was losing money.

It just needs to change a few things around.

Okay, since 2000 how much has Ford of Europe contributed to the "bottom line".  The losses far out weight the profit.  Same for South America.

Edited by theoldwizard

9 hours ago, theoldwizard said:

In the past 30 years, I will bet that Ford made profit in Europe of South America less than 10 times.

Brexit will have a big influence on the future of FoE !!

Okay, since 2000 how much has Ford of Europe contributed to the "bottom line".  The losses far out weight the profit.  Same for South America.

If Ford did not have its European operations during the Great Recession, Ford might not be here today. 

If you eliminate two whole continents from your portfolio, you lose diversification. You also close the door on those markets potential sales.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

If you eliminate two whole continents from your portfolio, you lose diversification. You also close the door on those markets potential sales.

Another Mullaly story.  Before he accepted the job from Bill Ford he said, "I believe I can make Ford profitable again and evn more profitable than before.  However, you will never sell as many vehicles as you have in the past !"

I am sure the Ford family and all of the stock holders are in favor of more profit from fewer sales.