'20 Aviator Configurator is Up and Running

38 minutes ago, spudz64 said:

A non hybrid Black Label fully loaded is $84,000...a similarly fully loaded Continental BL is like $82,000, I’m not surprised the Aviator has a small premium over the sedan. The Grand Touring  model does command a hefty premium beyond this, but let’s not forget what it’s bringing to the table...pretty amazing hp and tq stats plus other unique benefits of being a hybrid, 

Btw...Over at Automotive News a recent article mentioned how the head of the Lincoln dealer group fully expects the Aviator to outsell the Navigator 3x, making it Lincoln’s best seller by far! 

Well actually a non hybrid Black Label  loaded is $82,290.  A hybrid GT with Reserve II - fully loaded is $83,670.  That would be an easy choice for me. Exact same luxury/technical items with the Black Label having a little nicer interior and a package that really only benefits if you live near a Black Label certified dealer vs the GT motor combination.  Plus the GT should qualify for substantial tax credits.

2 hours ago, msm859 said:

Well actually a non hybrid Black Label  loaded is $82,290.  A hybrid GT with Reserve II - fully loaded is $83,670.  That would be an easy choice for me. Exact same luxury/technical items with the Black Label having a little nicer interior and a package that really only benefits if you live near a Black Label certified dealer vs the GT motor combination.  Plus the GT should qualify for substantial tax credits.

I was feeling decadent so I added the $1750 chroma caviar paint! Lol 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, msm859 said:

Well I guess the good news is people are talking about Lincoln in the same sentence as BMW, Mercedes and Land Rover.  I am not sure how that will translate when you put a loaded Range Rover Sport hybrid next to the Black Label Aviator GT and they are the same price.  I suspect most people would still choose the Range Rover over the Aviator for the same price even if the aviator has superior power and technology.  Lincoln needs to beat them on all fronts.

19 hours ago, msm859 said:

I would probably agree with you (except perhaps the BL as I don't have any such dealers nearby and a loaded GT without that would suffice). However, if I asked my wife the same question she would not blink - Range Rover hands down.  For a lot of people Lincoln does not have the "prestige" of a Range Rover or the BMW or Mercedes.   Maybe part of their marketing plan was to push the envelope and get the buzz about the Aviator hitting $90k.

They're not going to improve their image without pushing the envelope.  And it's not like they're asking 90K for a Fiesta.  On paper, all the boxes are checked for it to legitimately be in that price bracket.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, bzcat said:

Keep in mind that Ford still has full Federal tax credit available so they have priced Aviator GT accordingly...

So you are saying that once the credit is used up, Ford will drop the MSRP by that amount?  Of course not.. they are not pricing it based on the tax credit..

And if I am correct, we do not know how much the tax credit is yet.

Edited by blwnsmoke

55 minutes ago, blwnsmoke said:

So you are saying that once the credit is used up, Ford will drop the MSRP by that amount?  Of course not.. they are not pricing it based on the tax credit..

No but I do think they take that into account when setting MSRPs.

I think it’s a safe bet it will qualify for the maximum credit.

3 hours ago, akirby said:

No but I do think they take that into account when setting MSRPs.

I think it’s a safe bet it will qualify for the maximum credit.

Considering the Chrysler Pacifica hybrid gets the full credit, it would be a huge misstep for Ford to fall short.  I suspect it will get the full credit which may be why the pricing is a little higher then I expected.  But if you look at a loaded GT Reserve II vs the Black Label 3.0 they are almost the same price.  Which means with the tax incentive not sure why anyone would buy a non GT Black Label.

5 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

Tax credit is based on battery size... so we do know. Ford said Aviator GT will have 30 miles EV range. Based on the weight and the power output, it's probably safe to guess that it will have battery larger than 16 kwh, which means it will max out on the $7,500 Federal tax credit.

The tax credit for new plug-in vehicles is worth $2,500 plus $417 for each kilowatt-hour of battery capacity over 4 kwh, and the portion of the credit determined by battery capacity cannot exceed $5,000. Therefore, the maximum amount of the credit allowed for a new plug-in vehucle is $7,500.

$2,500 + (16-4) x $417 = $7,504 (max capped at $7,500)

And yes, I'm saying Ford will drop the MSRP once the credit runs out... but that won't happen for probably another 5 or 6 years, by which time, almost EVERY new car will have a plug anyway.

Edited by bzcat