'20 Aviator Configurator is Up and Running

Wow, cheaper than what I thought it be. The standard model comes decently equipped for only 51k. Although I have to say, 19” wheels have never looked as small as they do on the standard. I agree that the reserve seems like the best deal, especially with the reserve 1 package. 

88846$ for a full equiped Aviator Black Label Grand Touring in Burgundry Velvet and Chalet theme.  A good price for the best 3 row seats medium size luxury crossover, 450 HP plug in hybrid powerplant included!

Get out of the road Audi Q7 and Q8, BMW X5, Porsche Cayenne, Volvo XC90, Jaguar F-Pace, Land Rover Range Rover Sport, Mercedes-Benz GLE... you can´t compete with this beauty!

Edited by falconlover 1
  • Like 1

Two things,

1. Navigator starts at $52,195, that's a bargain when you look at MKT with a starting price of $49,500..

2. The 3.0 TTV6 with PHEV, total power and torque = 450 HP and 600 lb ft....holy crap, that's serious performance and in a Lincoln too.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, falconlover 1 said:

88846$ for a full equiped Aviator Black Label Grand Touring in Burgundry Velvet and Chalet theme.  A good price for the best 3 row seats medium size luxury crossover, 450 HP plug in hybrid powerplant included!

Get out of the road Audi Q7 and Q8, BMW X5, Porsche Cayenne, Volvo XC90, Jaguar F-Pace, Land Rover Range Rover Sport, Mercedes-Benz GLE... you can´t compete with this beauty!

Not sure if I would go as far as those other honorable mentions cannot compete.The Aviator is more expensive then a loaded XC90 hybrid and about par with a loaded Range Rover Sport hybrid.  The Aviator may have more power but those other brands have more cache.  At this price range people can also be looking at the Porsche Cayenne hybrid.  The entry level Aviator is priced aggressively - the Black Label not so much with a $40k spread.  Suspect the costs difference to Ford is no more then $20k -so they are asking for a significant premium.

• Like 1

Volvo has more luxury cache than Lincoln?  Not sure about that (in the US at least).

I think they took a 3 pronged approach - make the base and mid versions very competitive on price, maximize profit on the GT which is a very unique vehicle right now in terms of performance and style (and to take advantage of government credits) and maximize profits on those folks who fall in love with it and just have to have the Black Label amenities.

I think it's a good approach - we'll see if it pans out.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Two things,

1. Navigator Aviator starts at $52,195, that's a bargain when you look at MKT with a starting price of $49,500..

2. The 3.0 TTV6 with PHEV, total power and torque = 450 HP and 600 lb ft....holy crap, that's serious performance and in a Lincoln too.

FTFY

3 hours ago, msm859 said:

Not sure if I would go as far as those other honorable mentions cannot compete.The Aviator is more expensive then a loaded XC90 hybrid and about par with a loaded Range Rover Sport hybrid.  The Aviator may have more power but those other brands have more cache.  At this price range people can also be looking at the Porsche Cayenne hybrid.  The entry level Aviator is priced aggressively - the Black Label not so much with a $40k spread.  Suspect the costs difference to Ford is no more then $20k -so they are asking for a significant premium.

A 30K spread doesn't seem to hurt Navigator Black Label sales...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

FTFY

A 30K spread doesn't seem to hurt Navigator Black Label sales...

True, but everything is relative.  On the Navigator that $30k spread is only @$ 40% more for the high end.  The $40k spread on the Aviator is @80% more!  I suspect initially they will have a lot of takers.  Not sure how sustainable it will be.

20 minutes ago, msm859 said:

True, but everything is relative.  On the Navigator that $30k spread is only @$ 40% more for the high end.  The $40k spread on the Aviator is @80% more!  I suspect initially they will have a lot of takers.  Not sure how sustainable it will be.

Doesn't seem to stop BMW, Mercedes, Land Rover, etc. from offering $100k+ models in that segment.

Edited by rmc523

..."I dig this new Aviator, and I look forward to seeing how it drives. I just wish it had coach doors."...

So over hearing this (roll eyes), it's like the "In-thing" to say to sound hip, its like Barnyard doors, Shiplap, unless your house is country or you were raised in a manger and feel like an animal, it's tacky.  These are the same ones that whined when the F150 had "Clamshell" (I guess the in word is Coach)...doors in the extended cab and couldn't access them well....

13 hours ago, zgxtreme said:

That base model is tempting to “step up” from an Explorer but ready to see the Explorer configurator go live. 

Ford and Lincoln don't have to be greedy here, the higher trim mix sales will come  with sensible pricing.

This seems like a lot more car than my Continental and it’s only around $1500 more when fully equipped, that is extremely reasonable to me considering all of the new tech on this. I know there has been a lot of fuss about it touching $90k but that seems reasonable to me(assuming the GT actually adds meaningful performance/economy). I think I’m set on the Black Label with the 3.0l unless the GT is leaps and bounds better. I wonder when they will release the specs on it. 

2 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

Just look at the prices of a fully loaded Cayenne...

A fully loaded Cayenne E-hybrid is $106K and that's without choosing any of the usual porsche bells and whistles like colored seatbelts for $660 or stainless door trim.  And it only has 2 rows.

On 1/23/2019 at 9:09 AM, rmc523 said:

Doesn't seem to stop BMW, Mercedes, Land Rover, etc. from offering $100k+ models in that segment.

Well I guess the good news is people are talking about Lincoln in the same sentence as BMW, Mercedes and Land Rover.  I am not sure how that will translate when you put a loaded Range Rover Sport hybrid next to the Black Label Aviator GT and they are the same price.  I suspect most people would still choose the Range Rover over the Aviator for the same price even if the aviator has superior power and technology.  Lincoln needs to beat them on all fronts.

1 hour ago, msm859 said:

Well I guess the good news is people are talking about Lincoln in the same sentence as BMW, Mercedes and Land Rover.  I am not sure how that will translate when you put a loaded Range Rover Sport hybrid next to the Black Label Aviator GT and they are the same price.  I suspect most people would still choose the Range Rover over the Aviator for the same price even if the aviator has superior power and technology.  Lincoln needs to beat them on all fronts.

Unless I needed the Range Rover's impressive off-road capabilities (capabilities that very few Range Rover owners actually use), I would go for the Aviator BL GT. It has more power, has a better interior, is more refined (and in my view is more attractive, though that is totally subjective) -- and, hopefully, unlike most Jaguars and Land Rovers, won't be constantly breaking down.

1 hour ago, Gurgeh said:

Unless I needed the Range Rover's impressive off-road capabilities (capabilities that very few Range Rover owners actually use), I would go for the Aviator BL GT. It has more power, has a better interior, is more refined (and in my view is more attractive, though that is totally subjective) -- and, hopefully, unlike most Jaguars and Land Rovers, won't be constantly breaking down.

I would probably agree with you (except perhaps the BL as I don't have any such dealers nearby and a loaded GT without that would suffice). However, if I asked my wife the same question she would not blink - Range Rover hands down.  For a lot of people Lincoln does not have the "prestige" of a Range Rover or the BMW or Mercedes.   Maybe part of their marketing plan was to push the envelope and get the buzz about the Aviator hitting $90k.

• Like 1

A non hybrid Black Label fully loaded is $84,000...a similarly fully loaded Continental BL is like $82,000, I’m not surprised the Aviator has a small premium over the sedan. The Grand Touring  model does command a hefty premium beyond this, but let’s not forget what it’s bringing to the table...pretty amazing hp and tq stats plus other unique benefits of being a hybrid, 

Btw...Over at Automotive News a recent article mentioned how the head of the Lincoln dealer group fully expects the Aviator to outsell the Navigator 3x, making it Lincoln’s best seller by far!